U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:04 PM

190 posts, read 769,321 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be visting Bald Head Island mid-October, and want to check out Southport for possible retirement in 5 yrs or so.

Can anyone suggest any developments we should drive through that are nice? We love old homes, but would like a newer home in retirement. Our budget is in the 300-400K range.

I would love a community with a pool, tennis, etc., and something that is developed with respect for the land.

We absolutely love Fearrington in Pittsboro, NC if anyone knows of that development. Very tastefully done, very "village-like" in feel.

I ran across Harbor Oaks on the web. Looks nice, but don't know about location, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 AM

6 posts, read 32,468 times
Default Southport developments

Harbor Oaks is located just on the outskirts of Historic Waterfront Southport. It is located across the street from the entrance to the Southport/Fort Fisher NC Ferry. I wouldnt consider it walking distance to the Southport waterfront area (shops, restaurants, historic homes, parks).

Olde Southport is located in Historic Southport. It is a few blocks from the waterfront area. This development is my personal favorite.

Indigo Plantation is located along the Intracoastal Waterway and includes a marina. The downside would be traffic: the Bald Head Island Ferry Terminal is located at the marina.

The Historic Southport Yacht Basin will soon be home to a few condo developments.

southport-real-estate.com/communities.html is another resource for developments.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:44 PM

190 posts, read 769,321 times
Default Arbor Creek?

Thanks. I will check that out.

What is Arbor Creek like?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM

9 posts, read 38,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdebbie View Post
Thanks. I will check that out.

What is Arbor Creek like?
arbor creek is a retirement community with a pool and creek to respect of the land you asked about try riverrunplantation if you buy there you cannot cut
the trees on your property that are more than five feet it is the best vaue in brunswick county when i was looking at all the communities. river run has ponds lakes and is on a river lockwood folly arbor creek is 10 minutes to southport river run is 20 minutes from there hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina