Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

The National Park Service has set fees it will charge for surf fishermen who drive on the beaches at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Starting Feb. 15, they must pay $50 for a week and $120 for a year

read more
Fishermen must pay to drive on beaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
I was once in a locally owned boat/outboard repair shop.

Couple boys came in with a prop that looked like it had been nuked.

When they were given the astronomical price of a new, stainless steel prop, they about fainted.

The shop owner stated a true, truism: "Boys, if you want to play, you gonna have to pay."

And there you have it.

lln

Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM

84 posts, read 119,440 times
Looks to me like these environmental groups are some VERY POWERFUL groups .....There is enough oil to run our country for MANY MANY years , however these groups are NOT allowing any ways of reaching this oil .... I don't think that they are protecting the environment as much as they are protectiing their own $$$ .... At any rate , the point I am making is that these groups are really getting out of hand , and the they are dictating what goes on all over the country ....There's got to be more to it than meets the eye .....JIm

Our government continues to take more and more away from us , and charges us more to do with what's left ..... I'm in NY and it's far worse here ....

Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM

441 posts, read 1,487,596 times
LLN, it's not about paying to play. I think anyone of us would be willing to pay a fair price to access our beaches as long as the price was in accordance with the time and activities involved. Theres more to this than paying. It is the enviro wacko's trying to rid us from our rights to free access and our coastline. I spend a good bit of time on the beach, and I find that we treat our beaches and it's wildlife with great respect. The Parks service was created to protect and maintain Gods great gifts in this country for the enjoyment and recreational use to me and my children and my children's children. This whole thing is an illegal injustice not only to the folks on the coast but to me and you as well. Once they get done with our beaches it will be your back yard next. We'll see how ya feel then.
I for one am a member with NCBBA, OBPA, CLMS,DIFF and plan to join and donate to more to fight this. I plead to all that reads this, please research this, become informed and join the fight for your rights. Contact you representative too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina