U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM

4,610 posts, read 10,202,706 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Are there any high rise oceanfront condos along the NC coast? Ones with restaurants in them and with all the bells and whistles?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 11,680,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hello,

Are there any high rise oceanfront condos along the NC coast? Ones with restaurants in them and with all the bells and whistles?

Thanks!
Go to Mrytle if you want that.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Roma? Why did you call this rude and give me a negative point? It's the truth.

You aren't going to find that sort of situation very much, on the coast of NC. If you want that...go to Mrytle....it's the closest you can find it to NC.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Hi,

I'm asking about NC not SC. I've been looking at both locations NC and SC but I was wondering if there was such a place in NC. Maybe in the Wilmington area? I would like to know about NC. If someone knows about if there is such a place in NC, that is what I would like to know.

Thank You

Old 09-08-2007, 12:06 PM

713 posts, read 3,471,445 times
Smile Oceanfront Condos in Salter Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hi,

I'm asking about NC not SC. I've been looking at both locations NC and SC but I was wondering if there was such a place in NC. Maybe in the Wilmington area? I would like to know about NC. If someone knows about if there is such a place in NC, that is what I would like to know.

Thank You
Roma,

You might want to try the Grande Villas: Indian Beach, NC. They are the most upscale condos that I know of on the North Carolina Coast.

I have heard a presentation from the developer who is doing some very nice things we don't often see.

This is an article about the units.

They only go up five or six stories but there is also underground parking, and I understand they have made the facility very resistant to hurricane winds.

The plan is for it to very resort like and self contained because Indian Beach is not an area with lots of services, but the beach is gorgeous.

Also if you want to see photos of the area near the villas, you can visit my web gallery and look at the August 27 photos. There are three or four shots taken near the Villas.

This picture was taken very close to the Villas.

It looks like much of the concrete work for the Villas has been finished.

There is also a plan for high rise condos in Atlantic Beach, but it seems to be moving slowly. Here is a newspaper article from last year (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/v-print/story/458611.html - broken link) about it

This doesn't have anything to do with the Villas, but I know you like water views, I took this one a few days ago. It is one of my favorites. It was taken from a deck overlooking the White Oak River near Swansboro, NC.

http://coastalnc.org/whiteoakcondos (broken link)

-David Sobotta

Last edited by dsobotta; 09-08-2007 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: forgot link

Old 09-08-2007, 01:46 PM

David,

Thank you so much for the information. I love those condos. I just showed it to my husband. Also thank you for the beautiful picture at the end. I do love water views!

Roma

Old 11-07-2007, 03:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,824 times
Default Hgh Rise Condos NC Coast

There are three in Morehead City. One of them is on Radio Island between Beaufort and downtown Morehead City.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:57 AM

116 posts, read 489,559 times
Default New development in Carolina Beach, NC

Hello Roma,

This luxury condo project has been approved and they are supposed to break ground at some point in 2008. I believe it has all the amenities that you are seeking.

Carolina Beach (http://www.coastwalkrealestate.com/listing.asp?propid=55698 - broken link)

And here is a virtual tour of the property:
Park Place at Carolina Beach

Best of luck in your search!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Who ever gave me a negative point needs to look at the question. There is no place like that in NC...if you want what the poster is asking for the closest place is Mrytle Beach in SC.

What is so bad with telling folks that?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Who ever gave me a negative point needs to look at the question. There is no place like that in NC...if you want what the poster is asking for the closest place is Mrytle Beach in SC.

What is so bad with telling folks that?
The same person just gave me a neg rep too. I'm going to the mods regarding this to have it removed. The mods will know who did it.

By the way, obviously there are high rises in NC on the coast. Look at all the responses I got. I never asked if there were hundreds of them, I just asked if there were any and there are. That's all I wanted to know.

Thanks, Roma

Last edited by Roma; 11-07-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina