Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

We ate considering relocating to this lovely area. My husband is an avid and good pool player. In AZ he plays five afternoons a week with other retirees and a few younger people who work unusual shifts and schedules.

We are in the area for the next two weeks or so. What bars / billiard halls should he visit to assure that he can continue his pool playing addiction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Orton's is the first that comes to mind. I think it is still open..

Break time , Rack'em, Diamonds, etc., are all pool halls. Blue Post is a bar with some regulation sized tables. I guess it depends on where you live and what's convenient.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Orton's is the first that comes to mind. I think it is still open..

Break time , Rack'em, Diamonds, etc., are all pool halls. Blue Post is a bar with some regulation sized tables. I guess it depends on where you live and what's convenient.
Thanks, LeRoi. I already found those on google. To clarify, it depends less on convenience and location. The priority is finding an active crowd of pool players, especially in the afternoons.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 AM

805 posts, read 2,005,017 times
JK.... just as an aside..... at St James there is a group of individuals that meet a couple of times weekly at diffferent homes to shoot pool.... there is also a ping pong group that meets twice a week a the community center.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
JK.... just as an aside..... at St James there is a group of individuals that meet a couple of times weekly at diffferent homes to shoot pool.... there is also a ping pong group that meets twice a week a the community center.
Thanks, Stoney. We toured SJP yesterday. Lovely lovely community. Sadly, the localamenities, restaurants and conveniences available in the immediate area and southport did not impress us nearly as much as SJP. For the husband, who plays pool 5X per week, 4-6 hours per day, the 45+ minute drive to Wilmington (on two lane roads or a ferry) make SJP and Southport unacceptable for us.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
It is good to narrow things down a bit. Good luck with the rest of your trip!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It is good to narrow things down a bit. Good luck with the rest of your trip!
Thanks for the kind words. After we've completed our tour of the pool / billiard halls, I'll post our findings for future reference. We stopped at three places today - two were very likely to provide enough action for him. And we still have 4-5 more to visit.

As it turns out, Wilmington is probably a pretty good town for a pool player. Strange that it doesn't go beyond the city borders to Leland, Hampstead, South Port, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina