U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 AM

197 posts, read 415,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeawish3 View Post
I have lived here six months, yes, I have seen the calender ,not much to do compared to other communities,even Arbor Creek has more,have not seen any parties
I'm surprised you feel that way. The calendar seems to have something going on nearly every single day. As for the amenities, you can walk/bike the trails, kayak the river, golf, play tennis, exercise in the gym, swim in the pools, fish in the ponds or river....the list goes on and on. Being close to 17, you're only 45-60 minutes from either Wilmington or Myrtle Beach. Closest Walmart is just outside Southport, and there's another in Shallotte. You can also gain access to Oak Island via the new bridge if you want to take a break from Holden Beach.

Where did you reside before coming to WR ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 06:36 PM

5 posts, read 13,576 times
What is the latest at River Sea Plantation? We are looking for a second home along the NC coast. We are trying to collect information on this development before we travel this weekend to the coast and spend time looking at homes. We have been down this road before only to find reasons to run not walk from other communities. Who controls the POA at RiverSeas? Any special assessments in the past, currently or expected in the future? Is this development a good investment? A safe investment? Who owns the amenities?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:18 AM

11,261 posts, read 19,800,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie27282 View Post
What is the latest at River Sea Plantation?.... Who controls the POA at RiverSeas? Any special assessments in the past, currently or expected in the future? Is this development a good investment? A safe investment? Who owns the amenities?
The community website says that CAMS manages the POA. They are a reputable company which runs the HOA where we live. I would start there with your questions: http://www.camsmgt.com/

Since the Google Earth view shows very few homes built in Riversea, it is safe to assume the developer owns and controls the amenities. However, I would ask for the annual reports.

It appears to me to be in the early stages of building. There is a cluster of patio homes and a few scattered larger homes. I think you would have to be on the ground to tell whether it is healthy and likely to grow.

IMHO, it would not be one of my choices to purchase. There are only a couple of amenities: a clubhouse, an outdoor pool and two tennis courts and a dock. I don't consider the location desirable, as there is little shopping nearby. If your time horizon is 5 or more years, it might develop, but I (obviously) can't say whether it is a good investment. IMHO, the lots are over-priced. FWIW, I'd suggest you look at Compass Pointe for comparison with a community that does have healthy growth.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I (obviously) can't say whether it is a good investment. IMHO, the lots are over-priced. FWIW, I'd suggest you look at Compass Pointe for comparison with a community that does have healthy growth.
Clarifying this remark. I saw the official website selling lots at $80K to $115K. I though that was enormously overpriced for the amenities and location. There are many more lots on the resale market from $18K to $50K. These resale lots may be a good deal if you want to live in Riversea Plantation. However, if you like the Bolivia and Supply area, Winding River has much more to offer for amenities.

When you are buying a lot for your future retirement home, you should ask whether you would enjoy living there, not whether it is a good investment. But, the market for lots in Brunswick County still soft. I would not overspend by paying the developer's price.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:42 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,965,324 times
What are you doing up on the computer at 3:18 am??? I guess when one is retired they don't need clocks, eh...............

Quote:
The community website says that CAMS manages the POA. They are a reputable company which runs the HOA where we live. I would start there with your questions: http://www.camsmgt.com/

Since the Google Earth view shows very few homes built in Riversea, it is safe to assume the developer owns and controls the amenities. However, I would ask for the annual reports.

It appears to me to be in the early stages of building. There is a cluster of patio homes and a few scattered larger homes. I think you would have to be on the ground to tell whether it is healthy and likely to grow.

IMHO, it would not be one of my choices to purchase. There are only a couple of amenities: a clubhouse, an outdoor pool and two tennis courts and a dock. I don't consider the location desirable, as there is little shopping nearby. If your time horizon is 5 or more years, it might develop, but I (obviously) can't say whether it is a good investment. IMHO, the lots are over-priced. FWIW, I'd suggest you look at Compass Pointe for comparison with a community that does have healthy growth.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
What are you doing up on the computer at 3:18 am??? I guess when one is retired they don't need clocks, eh...............
True. As I age, I have trouble sleeping. My favorite distraction is City-Data. At least my posts are reasonably coherent. I will be worried if I don't make sense at 3 AM.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:12 PM

562 posts, read 932,827 times
Wink Riversea

Quote:

this development has been stagnant for a while. Also - since it is so close to the River, I would research to see if Flood insurance is Mandatory - that can run a lot of $$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina