Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM

5 posts, read 12,098 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to relocate from the DC area. We are now looking at New Bern NC because I may have a job opportunity in the area. We love the outer banks...actually got married there on the beach, but there are not many jobs for us in that area. We are a young couple. We like to go out often. I would definitly say that we are party people. I was wondering if there are many young people, fun bars, etc. in the area or will we be completely bored? We are not big city people and are fish out of water in the DC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 08:18 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Well, I don't live there but visited (we also like to go out to restaurants, bars, etc.) - I decided that it's not for us, not much open on Sundays and there aren't really many "fun" places. It's a beautiful place, but more laid back and just not for us.

I actually live in Alexandria (close to you!) we love many aspects here but are researching the Carolinas for a lower cost house, less traffic, closer to a beach...I have a dream area in my head but it doesn't exist in real life

Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 AM

954 posts, read 4,376,599 times
If you are looking for nite life and not in one of the major cities in the Carolina's, I would suggest that you look at smaller cities with Universities. Boone, Wilmington etc.
New Bern tends to be very traditional family oriented area. Becoming big retirement area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina