U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:17 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,644,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Thanks Sheena-will try that route next week when we are down there!

We bought some property from Coastal Communities a couple of years ago, it was a pretty positive experience. Hope you have one too
When you are down there eat at Provisions at Holden Beach. You won't be sorry. We went there for lunch today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 08:25 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,335,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
When you are down there eat at Provisions at Holden Beach. You won't be sorry. We went there for lunch today
We'll check that out for sure-menu suggestions?

How was the 1st day? Are they as ok to work for as they are to do business with? Have your knees stopped quivering?

Thanks for the dining recommendation

Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,644,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
We'll check that out for sure-menu suggestions?

How was the 1st day? Are they as ok to work for as they are to do business with? Have your knees stopped quivering?

Thanks for the dining recommendation
Provisions is a nice casual place and the fish is so fresh. I had the grouper sandwich and my boss's has a shrimp burger and it looked great too. The prices are very reasonable. My sandwich was 7.95 and the shrimp one was 8.95.

My first day was wonderful! We toured all the properties and had a wonderful lunch at Provisions and while I was eating we saw a dolphin out there playing. The weather was great and the Coastal people are great people, very down to earth. My head boss is from NY and almost everyone else NJ.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:11 AM

6 posts, read 32,473 times
Default Shallotte is a riverside community in coastal Brunswick County NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
I just found out an old aquaintance of ours lives in SHallotte NC?
where is this?
we are getting to retire from the west and thought this sounded appealing?
is it near the water?
does it have its own shopping downtown? quaint town?
Can anyone give me any information on this place? location? in NC
etc
thank you for your help
Centrally located along Highway 17 in Brunswick County NC, Shallotte offers small town charm along with restaurants, shopping centers, medical parks, and community recreation such as golf, movie theaters, bowing, dancing, and nightlife.

North Myrtle Beach is 20 miles and Myrtle Beach 32 miles via Highway 17 South. Historic Waterfront Wilmington is 30 miles to the North via Highway 17 North. Three North Carolina beaches are minutes away: Ocean Isle Beach, is a 10 minute drive, Holden Beach a 15 minute drive, and Sunset Beach, a 20 minutes drive. International Airports are located in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Small aircraft have use of a full service community airport located in Ocean Isle Beach.

Last edited by ncbeaches; 09-20-2007 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM

6 posts, read 19,530 times
i know that this is an older post but I had to reply anyways....I am originally from the "Greater Shallotte area" if there is such a thing, from the small town of Thomasboro NC located about 7 miles south of Shallotte (closer to the SC border and just West of Calabash) I grew up there all my life experiencing the small town atmosphere of everyone knowing practically everyone. It is a quaint area that has always been the shopping hub for the surrounding beaches (Holden Beach, Ocean Isle and Sunset Beach) Tourism (golfing and beaching) have increased within the last 10 to 15 yrs and so has the retiree matriculation. There are still a lot of 'home-grown' people that live and work in the area and have to suffer with transients coming and going but wouldn't leave what they know including my Mother and other relatives. With Myrtle Beach and Wilmington only being 20 miles in either direction, Shallotte (although it is still growing) has turned into a quieter less bustling attraction for those that desire serenity. I have not lived at home for while (I live in Ohio now..yeah I know! LOL From Sunshine to Snow) but during my return trips it is amazing to see the transformations that have taken place....I hope that this generalization has given you some thought were you wish to relocate or just to visit. Its worth the trip of coming down to see what the area offers. Best wishes

Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 AM

31 posts, read 40,418 times
My sister and her husband live in Ocean Isle Beach just outside Shallotte. It's a really nice place and we love to go and visit. I lived in Surf City, NC, just north of Wilmington, and it was growing as Shallotte is. A lot of tourists in the summer, but I always loved it in the winter. It's a beautiful part of NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina