U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 14,186 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some guidance on how much property taxes are for these areas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 8,248 times
Default Can someone help me out

I moved to E.C when i was 14 and joined the military at 16 and went away for 4 years. I moved back to E.C. IN 1996 when my father passed away. I have since moved to Florida to raise my children, and i have a problem. My dad was buried in a cemetary on Northside Rd off of HWY 17. The problem is my family has gone its seperate ways and I do not know the name of the cemetary for me to send my flowers to my Dads grave. If someone could let me know the name I would be ever so grateful. Thanks. Brian

Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 19,295 times
I am new to Elizabeth City. I moved to New Land in the Pasquotank County area two years ago. My family consist of myself (housewife/student) my husband (school teacher) 17 year old son ( student).When we first moved here it was a bit of a shock as we came from Chesapeake, VA. where the houses are really close and shopping was within a 5 to 10 minute drive. My husbands commute to Norfolk Naval base from our new home here took 45 min to an hour fue to traffic around the base, but he didn't mind it as it gave him time to listen to audio books on his drive. We have a Country store about 15 minutes away and a small country grocery store 20 minutesaway a SuperWalmart is about 25 minutes just south oc us. We have a small Country dinner Called Peggy's Cafe just around the corner. We Love it where we are and it is peaceful and quiet. We do not live on the water but have friends in the Weeksville area that do have a nice water front property and they do moor their boat behind their home. i also believe their home is up for sale as they are relocating after retirement. Very Soon.
MsDizzy New Land (Pasquotank County)

Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,194,407 times
We moved to Camden from Michigan last Summer. My husband had rented a home in Elizabeth City before I got here. Walk in and said I 'm not living here. Went to Camden. Nothing wrong with Camden except I think it is over priced. I don't send my 6 year olds to school pulled them out and Homeschooled. Son who is 16 is goiing to High School. Education differs from State to State and requiement do as well. I hate bugs and we have had a few not roaches. I really don't see kids out playing much. My kids do but in the Summer it is hot and we have what they call Wood Bees and my kids are scared of them. Our neighbor claims she saw a Cooper head in the ditch who knows. Right now I think we have mice in our Van that grosses we out. My husband workd in Virginia around Cheasapke gets out around 5:00 and doesn't get home until almost 6:00. Depends from day to day. I know water and electric seems to be chaper in Camden than Elizabeth City. But you most likley will need to shop there and there isn't that much there.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 PM

264 posts, read 777,720 times
Currituck BBQ is the best.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 10,620 times
Elizabeth City gets a bad rap for it's few bad sections. All towns have bad sections. Most of the residents here go to college at Duke or NC State but come back to EC to live, work and raise a family due to it's small town atmosphere.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:30 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,926,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy1 View Post
Elizabeth City gets a bad rap for it's few bad sections. All towns have bad sections. Most of the residents here go to college at Duke or NC State but come back to EC to live, work and raise a family due to it's small town atmosphere.

So just for my curiosity my wife's too..

In pasquotank county and surrounding area what could we find in the way of house rentals in the $400-600 range? The $600-1000 range?

We need a 1-3 bedroom with a fenced yard for our Plott hound and grey hound / lab....

Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 AM

144 posts, read 608,790 times
I can't really speak to the EC area but in Moyock you can't hardly find a house to rent under $1K/mth. If you do it's a bargain. Most of the homes that are up for rent are 3bdrm or larger or are on the sound. EC probably has more and cheaper, but that's about all I know.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,693 times
need to find a day care on base or near elizabeth city

Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 PM

444 posts, read 1,456,551 times
Elizabeth City... hmm... 64% black 34% white 2% Hispanic 1 Walmart Supercenter, 1 Lowes, No Home Depot last I checked. farming community with a Coast Guard Base 1 Bible College and a branch of NC State. No general well paying management jobs.

Housing is grand victorian in need of repair, river front estates, farm houses, 1945 shotgun houses and newer shotgun houses as well as single and double wide mobile homes.

Every car dealership imaginable. It is the county seat. Camden County (across the river), New Begun Land, and out near old Country Club are higher end homes. Schools are good even if dated structurally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina