U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 02:18 PM

297 posts, read 814,834 times

Advertisements

Hello all. We are planning a vacation to the outer banks in August this year. Does anyone know of any good Thai or Vietnamese restaurants in the area? We are planning on renting a house.Probably 3 families and 1 set of grandparents. Any idea what part of the outer banks would be best? We are not into nightlife. We get up early and go for a walk/run early in the morning, maybe spend the day at the beach or in a pool and go to dinner in the evening. How about seafood restaurants that are not tourist traaps, Where do the locals go? I don't mind paying for a meal but hate to pay big money for crappy tourist type food. Thanks in advance. I have done this on other city forums and usually get good responses from the locals. We have found a lot of good restaurants thanks to the generosity of the locals that we would never have found otherwise. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 02:42 PM

431 posts, read 1,011,741 times
I've never been to this place, but when I was there recently I saw a place called Thai Room. It has good reviews, so it might be worth a try.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:50 PM

297 posts, read 814,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean330 View Post
I've never been to this place, but when I was there recently I saw a place called Thai Room. It has good reviews, so it might be worth a try.
Thanks coffeebean I usually compile a list and go from there. I will check them out on line.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM

79 posts, read 274,590 times
The Thai Room in Kill Devil Hills is popular and has been here for years.A newer restaurant in Kitty Hawk has opened across from the Kitty Hawk Garden Hilton,next to High Cotton BBQ.The name is Vilia's Thai Kitchen and the food is excellent.It been primarily takeout,but have recently added several booths and tables for indoor dining.I highly recommend it!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM

116 posts, read 285,968 times
Thai Room in Kitty Hawk is pretty good, been there for years. Not much else out there. Mama Kwans while not Thai has an Asian influence and is quite good. Great mahi tacos! The outer banks is a huge long area and can be a couple of hours drive along it, most stuff the Nags Head Kitty awk area of course. But yeah Thai Room would work.

No Vietnamese out that way, drive up into SE Virginia Suffolk Norfolk area and there is some. Raleigh west is where pretty much the Vietnamese places are plus a good spot in Wilmington called Indochene but they are all hours away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina