U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM

5 posts, read 11,956 times

Advertisements

Hi - I may be moving to North Carolina sometime in the near future and I would like to know the best city/town near the ocean that has a relatively strong job market. If anyone could let me know that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 06:17 AM

713 posts, read 3,472,342 times
Smile Coastal Job Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulostix View Post
Hi - I may be moving to North Carolina sometime in the near future and I would like to know the best city/town near the ocean that has a relatively strong job market. If anyone could let me know that would be great.
You would probably be looking at Wilmington, though some folks do well who look in the Jacksonville area.

It depends a lot on what type of job you want.

You can check out the online section of the Wilmington paper for jobs.

The Jacksonville paper has a "Monster" online site that covers Jacksonville, Kinston, and New Bern.

The Crystal Coast, Morehead City to Swansboro has much more limited employment opportunities though lots of folks live there and work at one of the bases.

You can check the Carteret County Times (broken link) for those.

I wish you lots of luck. I have some websites with info about the Crystal coast beach areas, but there is no information about the Wilmington area.

Of course if you want a really strong job market, Raleigh is only 2.5 hours from our coast and a little less to the Wilmington area.

-David Sobotta

Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 PM

5 posts, read 11,956 times
Default Thanks

Hey do you know any good real estate companies cause I will probably look toward the Raleigh area because of the strong job market. I'm gonna fly down there in mid october to check out the area and see what house rentals are available.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:38 PM

577 posts, read 1,736,254 times
Do your self a favor and find a job in Raleigh before moving here. alota folks thinking its a strong job market and are still unemployeed. It really depends on what you do if you can find a job here. Best advice move based on employment before hand or you could end up n a mess.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,401,245 times
Default NJ to North Carolina

I agree with NCman. When my husband and I decided to move from Southern NJ 5 years ago, we researched everything for 1 1/2 years, he had his job secured here in Greenville, NC before moving down. The Raleigh/Cary area is being called, "little NY/NJ" because of everyone leaving from up there. Just remember why you are moving from there, and if you start saying what you miss about your former State, don't move. We lived in a small Southern town on the Jersey shore, every summer Northern NJ and NY'ers came down and treated us like dirt. After 911 they started moving down in droves with their attitudes.
We moved, and haven't looked back since. Good luck with your move. kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina