U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,822,146 times

Advertisements

Rose is still a good school, with a lot of good kids. The school, more than any other, is just a cross-section of Greenville. You have kids going there whose paretns are doctors and professors, and you have kids that go there from the projects and 'hood that surround the school. It's real feast and famine. If you notice most of th eprevious poster complaints had to do with demographics of a segment of the student population, and that some of the longest tenured teachers there have retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 PM

31 posts, read 47,651 times
Thanks for all the responses!

I will hopefully know more about when/if we will be relocating in the next week or two and will really start pressing for info. We have pretty much decided on buying into Chicod/Conley, but nothing is definite yet.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,106,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineandMike View Post
Thanks for all the responses!

I will hopefully know more about when/if we will be relocating in the next week or two and will really start pressing for info. We have pretty much decided on buying into Chicod/Conley, but nothing is definite yet.
I wish we had been in Chicod when we lived in Greenville - our home (in Walker's Trail subdivision) was just on the other side - north of Ivy Rd; south of Ivy went to Chicod IIRC. We sent our daughter to private school rather than Wintergreen.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 PM

I just received my start date and will be working in Greenville starting 6/25! I'll be heading down solo at the beginning due to the short notice, but the wife and kids will follow ASAP. We'll probably start out renting until the sale of our house closes and then decide on what house to but. We have about 10 houses in Chicod School district that we will take a look at in the coming weeks/ months.

Thanks to everyone that provided info on the forum and see you soon!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,401,917 times
Congratulations and good luck to you & your family!

Your idea of renting is really good so once you are down here you can get a good feel of all the neighborhoods. Do check out Manchester sub-division in Winterville, there are a lot of people that had transfers of late & you can get a lot of home for the money.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineandMike View Post
We have about 10 houses in Chicod School district that we will take a look at in the coming weeks/ months.
There's a nice 3/2 right across the street from me for $135k. Chicod school district, street lights, 25 MPH dead end road, garage, bonus room, 5/8 acre, city water, cable, nice enclosed porch, vinyl, architectural shingles, concrete driveway.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Congratulations and good luck to you & your family!

Your idea of renting is really good so once you are down here you can get a good feel of all the neighborhoods. Do check out Manchester sub-division in Winterville, there are a lot of people that had transfers of late & you can get a lot of home for the money.
Thanks! Will look into it. We are actually driving down right now to look at some houses tomorrow and will drive through some subdivisions outside of Chicod in case we do rent first.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
There's a nice 3/2 right across the street from me for $135k. Chicod school district, street lights, 25 MPH dead end road, garage, bonus room, 5/8 acre, city water, cable, nice enclosed porch, vinyl, architectural shingles, concrete driveway.
Thanks, could you pm me some more info (sqft) or the street name so I could check out the lisiting. Maybe we'll take a ride out tomorrow. If you see a minivan with NY plates slowly rolling by your house tomorrow don't be alarmed, its just us.

Last edited by JanineandMike; 06-08-2012 at 08:26 PM..

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 PM

...and my new employer just gave me an extra week to report so we could better prepare for our relocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina