U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,111 times

Advertisements

I have lived in New Bern for a few years. I definitely have friends in New Bern but my husband and I have recently separated. I am dating someone so I am not looking to meet a "friend" to date, but maybe some good girl friends who share common interests with me. Unfortunately when couples separate, friends are also apart of the separation process. I am 27, I have no children, so I am just looking to meet new friends that have free time to hangout, have girl nights, go to clubs, shop, and have fun. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,904,692 times
Best way to meet friends is to join in activities that you enjoy and you will meet others that enjoy the same things.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,111 times
I know I need to just go and sign up for things. I have been making so many excuses why I haven't yet lol. There are alot of things I enjoy doing but I just have to figure out how to sign up for them. Any suggestions?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:20 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,757,976 times
There are a couple of shops downtown that are pretty "girlie." One place is where you paint stuff and bake it in a kiln. That might be a place you could meet some kindred spirits. Good Luck. You might also try the Atomic Cycles bike rides. They have them almost daily now, with different skill levels.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 AM

4 posts, read 13,790 times
Sorry to learn about your separation! One of the best ways I can suggest is to find a listing of interests and groups on meetup dot com . This site will direct you to groups whose members share your particular interests. I've joined groups of business professionals. There are groups on anything from pets to singles life, from art to motorcycles.

All the best!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM

917 posts, read 2,092,759 times
What are some of your interests more specificly ? I've been in this area for 9 years and have not found too many people with similar interests. Of course that may be cause i'm 62 and my interests are all New Age type stuff. Not too many new age grandmas around these parts! You should have an easier time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina