Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 7,818 times

Advertisements

Well after 6 months of research we have finally bought a house in Greenville and are moving!!
I am getting very nervous and excited. Nervous because we don't have jobs yet.. Excited because I know its going to work out.
My husband has 30 years in automotive after market parts. I am hoping someone on the board can help him in his job search.
Can anyone let me know to expect.. I think I'm going to really love the town and getting to know the people that call it home.
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 02:31 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
I neverd lived in Greenville but good luck on your move and hope everything goes well with you. Good Luck!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM

219 posts, read 852,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beandy View Post
Well after 6 months of research we have finally bought a house in Greenville and are moving!!
I am getting very nervous and excited. Nervous because we don't have jobs yet.. Excited because I know its going to work out.
My husband has 30 years in automotive after market parts. I am hoping someone on the board can help him in his job search.
Can anyone let me know to expect.. I think I'm going to really love the town and getting to know the people that call it home.
Pam
Pam,
Well, you are another person I am jealous to meet.
EVERY BIT OF LUCK AND HAPPINESS TO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY.
Judy and I are just praying to sell and get moving.
Again, best of luck but I'm still jealous.
Dennis

Old 09-29-2007, 06:08 PM

Thanks Dennis.. Where do you and your live now? We are coming from Michigan time to get out! What a mess this state is in. We can't wait to get beautiful North Carolina and begin a new and much better life.
Will keep you in our thoughts and maybe someday soon we will be neighbors.
Pam

Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 PM

5 posts, read 12,102 times
There are several folks in the automotive business that I know. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I will give them your contact information. Welcome to Greenville!

Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 12,102 times
Default Eastern North Carolina

Quote:
Thanks Dennis.. Where do you and your live now? We are coming from Michigan time to get out! What a mess this state is in. We can't wait to get beautiful North Carolina and begin a new and much better life.
Pam
Hi Pam! I have lived in Eastern North Carolina my whole life. If you have any questions about the area let me know! I currently live in the wonderful city of Greenville. Hope to talk to you soon!
Ann

Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks Ann we can't wait to get there!!
Ann my husband has worked in the after market parts business for 30 years, he is asc certified to sell automotive parts. Currently he is employed at a auto value parts store. He would also be willing to work at a dealership or one of the warehouses that is in the area.
Thanks so much!!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Pam
Pam,
We live in New Jersey. Enough said about that I guess. I plain and simple can't retire and afford this house and the NJ taxes. Worked all these years and this is what I'm faced with.
Having you as a neighbor along with soooo many of the people I've meet on this forum would be a dream.
I have gotten unbelievable support from these folks. It just re assures me of the quality of folks in the Brunswick County area.
The only person I don't want for a neighbor is Jersey J.
I hate Jersey J.
He is smarter than I was. He already has a little piece of paradise he bought a few years ago and is just waiting to retire.
Jersey is a good guy and if you need info about the Calabash, Sunset Beach or Shallotte area he knows quite a few thinks. Good guy.
Still hate him for being so ahead of me.
Best of luck to you and hubby. Take things easy. Go slow and everything will work out for you.
Dennis

Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Hey Dennis!
Just got back from Calabash and there is a ton of inventory for you and Judy to consider when your home sells! Just be patient and keep the FAITH! That house will sell and I think you (and more importantly...Judy) will find the "perfect" home down there.
And remember that I will be the jealous one when you and Judy are enjoying the beach for 10 years before me!

You are way ahead of me

Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Hey Dennis!
Just got back from Calabash and there is a ton of inventory for you and Judy to consider when your home sells! Just be patient and keep the FAITH! That house will sell and I think you (and more importantly...Judy) will find the "perfect" home down there.
And remember that I will be the jealous one when you and Judy are enjoying the beach for 10 years before me!

You are way ahead of me
JJ,
You dog you. Looks like you had awesome weather and what with the crowds gone..............oh my.
So happy for you. Really I am.
We do have the deposit on our home down in Shallotte extended until November 29th so we do have time. Don't think the guy will extend it again after that.
We have a lady who says she is gonna come look at the house Saturday.
FROM MANHATTAN.
INSANE.
A lot of people have been buying up homes in Philly and even CAMDEN and commuting to NY. One heck of a travel day.
Hey, I don't care if they come from Mars.
We still have two backup plans to try and sell so we will just keep praying.
I told my realtor in Southport..............I'll keep going until I'm 80 if I have to.
Hey JJ.............maybe you'll hit the lotto and get yourself retired REAL QUICK.
Get ready for your next trip to Calabash.
Best
Dennis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina