U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-09-2012, 10:15 AM
 
3 posts, read 45,184 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hi everybody! Soon Im moving to Wilmington NC for a year. Anybody knows or may recommend which are the best neighborhoods to live? Advices of where to move, where to go, etc...

Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Reputation: 5087
You can spend $2.5 million to live on the ocean, and that's the best place to live.

Are you looking to rent? Your question is impossible to answer without knowing your budget, whether you have children, what size house or condo you need, whether you are looking for a retirement place or a fun, hip, downtown area, etc.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 AM
 
3 posts, read 45,184 times
Reputation: 12
Well... you are right!!

Im looking for a rent, maximum 800$, no childs, condo or house, it doesnt mind. It will be good being close to the beach.

Also I am interested to know which are the best neighborhoods to stay and which ones to stay away

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogacar View Post
Also I am interested to know which are the best neighborhoods to stay and which ones to stay away
Do you want to avoid noisy students, or are you just asking about safety? About the only place that appears unsafe are older, run-down areas near downtown. Anything which looks suburban in the $800 price range is reasonably safe. Please search the forum for "Wilmington NC apartments ", as there have been several discussions recently. Like this one: Apartment recommendations in Wilmington, NC
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 AM
 
3 posts, read 45,184 times
Reputation: 12
I am asking also more about safety places and from where to stay away while living there.

Thanks also about the information: Apartment recommendations in Wilmington, NC, I will have a look
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM
 
1 posts, read 10,433 times
Reputation: 11
Hi everyone, im looking to move to wilmington nc it 2 adults and 3 kids want a save neighborhood not far from beach good school district, can you give me some ideas please, want to buy a house no more than 200,000
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapeeps View Post
Hi everyone, im looking to move to wilmington nc it 2 adults and 3 kids want a save neighborhood not far from beach good school district, can you give me some ideas please, want to buy a house no more than 200,000
Hi - There are already several threads to help with suggestions. There are many safe neighborhoods with houses under $200K. You should live close to wherever you find work. Off Carolina Beach Road in the area they call Monkey Junction is one suggestion. Where do you expect to find a job? Do you need a 4-bedroom house, or would a 3-bedroom work for you?

Wilmington peeps- i need your help!

Moving from Memphis to Willmington

Place to live in Wilmington

Are there jobs in Wilmington, NC (ie: Admin & local Truck Driver jobs?), and Best Places to Live there?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Reputation: 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogacar View Post
Well... you are right!!

Im looking for a rent, maximum 800$, no childs, condo or house, it doesnt mind. It will be good being close to the beach.

Also I am interested to know which are the best neighborhoods to stay and which ones to stay away

Thanks!
For a year? I lived in the Historic District for two years and LOVED IT. If you stay below 5th Ave, you can walk anywhere downtown...had 2 roommates and we split the rent. There are a lot of Historic houses that are subdivided so the rents can be affordable. We walked to restaurants, to the festivals, to church, and watched a ton of movies, etc...being made.

It may depend on where you are working though...just note that most places within a mile of UNCW are full of college students. I lived in that area before heading downtown and couldn't stand it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM
 
2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Reputation: 1406
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapeeps View Post
Hi everyone, im looking to move to wilmington nc it 2 adults and 3 kids want a save neighborhood not far from beach good school district, can you give me some ideas please, want to buy a house no more than 200,000
That's a lot of folks for under 200K...you looking for a 4 BR?

You may need to get something with a FROG and use that as a 4th BR, but that can be tight quarters (not sure what you are used to).

I would say check around the Veteran's Park Complex, which is just minutes from Carolina Beach...and is outside the City so it can be a little less expensive....it'll be a haul though if you are heading to the northern end of town for work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 AM
 
519 posts, read 737,876 times
Reputation: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
For a year? I lived in the Historic District for two years and LOVED IT. If you stay below 5th Ave, you can walk anywhere downtown...had 2 roommates and we split the rent. There are a lot of Historic houses that are subdivided so the rents can be affordable. We walked to restaurants, to the festivals, to church, and watched a ton of movies, etc...being made.

It may depend on where you are working though...just note that most places within a mile of UNCW are full of college students. I lived in that area before heading downtown and couldn't stand it.
Unfortunately,there are too many gangs and crime here now to do this safely. Sad,but true.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top