Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2006, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,203 times

Advertisements

Hello, all -

Our family is considering a move from the Burlington, NC area to Wilmington. I've read a couple of threads here on the state of the schools in the Wilmington area, and frankly, I'm scared.

Are the schools there really that bad? We're considering a move to Carolina or Kure Beach, however, Wilmington might end up being our final destination. We have three kids - a 7th grader, a kindergartener, and a toddler who is in pre-school. The Burlington school system is pretty good (at least in our semi-rural area) and I'm fairly happy with the education they're getting. Reading some of the other comments on these boards, I'm nervous that the quality of their education will drop.

Can someone give me an update on whether the schools are really as bad as some of the posts on these boards make it seem? Also, are there particular neighborhoods in Carolina Beach/Kure Beach/Wrightsville/Wilmington we should consider (or alternately, avoid) because of the school district?

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks!

Lady Siren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,406,432 times
I would've thought they would be on-par with Alamance County schools, if not better?

At least, that according to my significant other who has plenty of stories of a really crappy education as a student raised in the Burlington area. Granted that was the 90s, so it may be slightly different now. I dunno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina