U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
 
2,653 posts, read 6,097,334 times
Reputation: 3442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Pitiful.

Yes, it is. The restriction is on her license for a reason. The trooper was just doing his job. Apparently you forgot to teach her about personal responsibility.

 
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
 
202 posts, read 300,837 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I guess I have just met/interacted with the rotten apples. It is good to know that you have experience with some good guys. Maybe there is hope. Thanks for posting.
I hope that will soften your stance a little bit. I'll readily admit I have run into a couple of town cops that are complete jerks. I try not to throw everyone under the bus based on these guys. I know it's hard not to do that sometimes, especially when it comes to something that seems so minor. Anyway, I don't know how bad your daughter's vision is, but if it's fairly poor, she would be a hazard. I know none of y'all would want me driving around without my contacts in my eyes. I'm about as blind as a bat!
 
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,044,487 times
Reputation: 1074
Regardless of circumstances she got pulled because her car wasn't properly stickered. The trooper took note of another violation during this stop and cited your daughter. He'd have done the same if she'd not been wearing her seat belt. Try to remember that cops hear complaints, excuses and even begging all day. They're numb to it, so don't get all worked up over his lack of emotion when you're pleading your case in the car. You do that in a courtroom.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,910,626 times
Reputation: 23218
When someone has a first post blasting another person without telling why they are upset with that person it is a pretty good indication that if he had told what he had against the mentioned person no one would have found the officer to be the one at fault.

You don't know what the officer had experienced that day. Or maybe he was remembering the covered body of someone who was dead because someone forgot to put on their glasses. It is not a suggestion; it is a restriction and anyone not honoring the restriction deserves a ticket.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
LLN LLN started this thread
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,981 posts, read 8,760,854 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When someone has a first post blasting another person without telling why they are upset with that person it is a pretty good indication that if he had told what he had against the mentioned person no one would have found the officer to be the one at fault.

You don't know what the officer had experienced that day. Or maybe he was remembering the covered body of someone who was dead because someone forgot to put on their glasses. It is not a suggestion; it is a restriction and anyone not honoring the restriction deserves a ticket.

Or maybe he was a power hungry jerk...The maybe's go on forever. When you get pulled for going 36 in a 35...It will be karma.

Black and white baby, black and white!
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 PM
LLN LLN started this thread
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,981 posts, read 8,760,854 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Anyway, I don't know how bad your daughter's vision is, but if it's fairly poor, she would be a hazard. I know none of y'all would want me driving around without my contacts in my eyes. I'm about as blind as a bat!
Obviously, not bad at all or she would not drive without her Rx glasses.
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
784 posts, read 1,637,576 times
Reputation: 338
Dear LLN,

OK... so let me see if I have this straight..... a driver ( in this case the driver is some name-calling loudmouths' daughter ) was correctly stopped for driving a car on a highway with an expired sticker, an action for which the highway patrol officer, in the performance of his duty in attempting to keep the highways safe, should get a commendation for being alert enough to notice it...... the driver also was commiting another motor vehicle violation, not wearing her mandated by law prescription glasses that allow her to actually "SEE" where she is going instead of crashing into other motor vehicles and perhaps killing herself and others.... a violation for which she received the deserved summons from a very alert highway patrol officer...... AND THEN, AND THEN, instead of chastising the daughter yourself for being so stupid and careless as to drive a motor vehicle without wearing her proper "prescription" glasses, instead of chastising her yourself for her putting herself AND the driving public in danger, you seem to feel it necessary, "as a good parent of course" to call not only the officer in question but ALL highway patrol officers ridiculously inane and uncalled for nasty names..... which actually have nothing to do with your daughters "actually committed violations". This is obviously a great way to teach your daughter right from wrong..... something she apparantly has trouble with........ maybe I'm wrong but the apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree !
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
LLN LLN started this thread
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,981 posts, read 8,760,854 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Dear LLN,

OK... so let me see if I have this straight..... a driver ( in this case the driver is some name-calling loudmouths' daughter ) was correctly stopped for driving a car on a highway with an expired sticker, an action for which the highway patrol officer, in the performance of his duty in attempting to keep the highways safe, should get a commendation for being alert enough to notice it...... the driver also was commiting another motor vehicle violation, not wearing her mandated by law prescription glasses that allow her to actually "SEE" where she is going instead of crashing into other motor vehicles and perhaps killing herself and others.... a violation for which she received the deserved summons from a very alert highway patrol officer...... AND THEN, AND THEN, instead of chastising the daughter yourself for being so stupid and careless as to drive a motor vehicle without wearing her proper "prescription" glasses, instead of chastising her yourself for her putting herself AND the driving public in danger, you seem to feel it necessary, "as a good parent of course" to call not only the officer in question but ALL highway patrol officers ridiculously inane and uncalled for nasty names..... which actually have nothing to do with your daughters "actually committed violations". This is obviously a great way to teach your daughter right from wrong..... something she apparantly has trouble with........ maybe I'm wrong but the apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree !
Yep, you are very wrong. Quite amusing, in a pathetic sort of way, but wrong. you have no clue what I said to my daughter, you have no clue about the consequences that were incurred, you have no clue what the patrolman said to her, you have no clue about her eyesight, you have no clue about any of this, other than a misdirected rant. Do you even know what the criteria is for getting corrective lenses restriction put on a drivers license? Your use of capital letters tends to brand you as a loud mouth. You have demonstrated the severe weakness in your analytical skills but why don't you look it up. You might want to then reconsider your "putting the public in danger" hyperbole.

Nevertheless, I hope you feel better after completely misjudging both myself and my daughter. Your hysterical post gave us a good laugh!
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
LLN LLN started this thread
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,981 posts, read 8,760,854 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Yes, it is. The restriction is on her license for a reason. The trooper was just doing his job. Apparently you forgot to teach her about personal responsibility.
Well, thanks for your oversight on my parenting. She was driving into the afternoon sun, and had the wisdom to put on her dark glasses. I learned long ago that folks that judge other folks children or parenting are ....shall we say, setting them selves up for a fall.

"Just doing his job" Now that is an interesting comment: Is just doing his job, a warning, a lesson, a teachable moment, a citation. Is it bringing a 19 year old girl to tears in front of her friends, of insulting and intimidating her, of sending her home crying and fearful, of charging $290 because he could? What part of doing his job do you want to choose?

And finally, all knowing one...if her eyesight was so terrible that she was putting people at risk, why do you think, and I know it is a stretch for those of your ilk, the knight in shining armor permitted her to drive home WITHOUT HER GLASSES?

Cue Sam Kinison...."BECAUSE SHE COULD SEE PERFECTLY WELL, AND HE DETERMINED IT, BUT HE STILL GAVE HER A TICKET THAT COST ME $290."

If you don't get it now, heaven help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top