U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I honestly doubt it. You only have to read the local papers or 'area arrests' columns to realize that drugs seem rampant all over Coastal Carolina (and everywhere else) nowadays.

Studies have proven that generally speaking, drugs are more prevalent in communities with lower incomes and lower socio- economic status. Additionally, areas with poorly distributed income (ie: really rich families plus really poor families and lack or minimum of middle class) are even more likely to have drug problems.

Sadly, this second statement describes a lot of Eastern North Carolina.

My guess however, would be that the beach communities which mainly cater to retirees wouldn't have the level of drug problems found in the towns further inland. The higher age bracket associated with retirees, plus higher housing values I'd assume wouldn't cater as kindly to the local meth labs and pushers.
Listen carefully folks. Drugs have no respective of person, economic status, race, age or gender. According to national statistics itís an epidemic among middle age Caucasian people. Mostly males coming from both middle class and lower income status. Iím not the one to use statistics even raw numbers because I go off what I see. Honestly, I find middle-class to rich people to use more drugs because they have the connection, money, power and influence to not only use drugs but commit crimes in general to keep it secret and buy themselves out of trouble and pay for rehabilitation at a drop of a dime. Because the affuent have the influence, means and resources to do unhealthy things it is enticing to do it. They are also protected so it doesnít get the attention as a poor person. This would have an uninformed person believe that drug abuse is mostly among poor people. Letís not forget that Wall Street bankers literally robbed the nation and got a big bonus in the form of bailout. That said, middle class to rich people do more drugs than anybody. They have the economic income to dispose on drugs and money to buy themselves out of jail. A poor person can get caught with drugs and end up doing a long prison sentence which (could result in them no longer using or selling if they donít partake in the prison drug trade) meanwhile a rich person can bailout of jail in the mid-day and overdose by the end of the day because they can buy themselves out of trouble. I personally have seen this. I know people that know people that sell and use drugs. I once hung out with dealers. Dealers are more inclined to find the affluent because two or three affluent regular customers an get you in to making 30 to 70,000 a year. With that who need poor users begging and borrowing all the time. Drugs was a rich person recreation before it became American culture. Beautiful neighborhoods are better to hide the ugly underbelly and shield the guilty. Poor areas just simply show you what you are getting without hiding it. Poor areas is swamped with law enforcement which hinders crimes. Affluent areas have less cops because itís a misconception that affluent areas have little crime which only enables more crimes and of course affluent people use money networking with important figures to buy themselves out of trouble. I once thought leaving the hood was going to take me out of crime. However, I learned that I was probably safer in the hood because I can identify my problems and problemmakers because nothing is hidden in the hood so you see what you get. When I liv in a rural areas near affluent people I ran directly in to little secret clubs of crime and drug abuse that was shielded very well. I suggest you find you some land miles from civilization and live off the grid to completely rid yourself of crime and drug problems. In fact thatís what Iím working on doing myself. The less people around you the less problems you incounter.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 03:26 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,744,235 times
The return key is your friend!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina