Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM

28 posts, read 55,030 times

Advertisements

Any wildwood (nj) like beach , in nc ? With fun things to do for the whole family ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
you will need to go to Myrtle Beach South Carolina for a beach that is some what close to Wildwood NJ.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM

713 posts, read 3,928,056 times
Smile Sunny is probably right but I thought this would be fun anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-mom View Post
Any wildwood (nj) like beach , in nc ? With fun things to do for the whole family ?
Quote:
# Free white-sand Wildwood beaches
# Exciting world-famous Wildwood Boardwalk
# World-class roller coasters and Wildwood amusements
# Wildwood Waterparks
# Golf (miniature plus 18-hole championship, minutes away)
# Wildwood Fine dining and casual family Wildwood restaurants
# Nightlife galore
# Year-round festivals, events and celebrations
# Wildwood Hotels, Wildwood motels and New Jersey shore rentals to accommodate families and groups of every size
# Wildwood fishing and Wildwood watersports
The text above is from the Wildwood website. I thought seeing how the Crystal Coast matches up might be fun.

I think we can show you better beaches and ours are all free, but our boardwalks are mostly like the one in this picture of Beaufort, NC (http://coastalnc.org/beaufortnctravelguide - broken link).

We will have to pass on "World-class roller coasters" and lots of night life. You can break your trip up by stopping at King's Dominion in Virginia. It's right on Interstate 95 or swing by Busch Gardens Williamsburg and get all the rides and water parks out of your system before you reach the beaches.

However, we do have some wonderful trails for family hiking, some of the finest kayaking around, and the Golfin Dolphin is adding to their family friendly amusements. They even have some bumper boats, but I don't think we can call that a water park.

Also we do have Bogue Sound where you can rent personal water craft or go para-sailing (http://insiders.com/crystalcoast/main-fishing4.htm - broken link) or a number of other fun water activities.

We have plenty of good restaurants.

There are three golf courses in the area, and a fourth one in Beaufort which may well be open by now. There are also miniature golf courses in the area.

We have lots of festivals. The NC Seafood Festival in Morehead is coming up. Where else can you find something like the Swansboro Mullet Festival?

We just finished one church Lobster dinner and another is scheduled in October. We'll run head to head with anyone on festivals. Check out my web page with slide shows and pictures of events in the area.

As to having great accommodations, I'll put our sand castles up against anyone's. We also have campgrounds in Croatan National Forest.

Don't even go there on fishing or fresh seafood, we win hands down in those categories.

Certainly if you are looking for nightlife other than a beach walk with a canopy of stars that you can actually see, we are not your spot.

But if you want warm waters, no crowds, and can live with biking, hiking, and kayaking instead of roller coasters, you might want to consider NC's Crystal Coast. If you want a real roller coaster, you can always go off shore fishing.

Check out my Emerald Isle Travel Guide.

Last edited by dsobotta; 09-27-2007 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: Left out link

Old 09-28-2007, 02:10 PM

28 posts, read 55,030 times
Thanks Dsobotta , thats all I need to know .We can live without roller coasters , everything sounds nice!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-mom View Post
Agree with Sunny Myrtle beach is fun. The Crystal Coast is nice but too laid back for me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina