U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,254,718 times

Advertisements

It never in a million years occurred to me that it would RAIN on my vacation to the beach! We are coming from Raleigh on Wednesday and staying two nights only. It was really hard to shoehorn this trip in and there is no refund if I cancel!

So the forecast looks lousy. We are staying in a cheap motel so lounging around there isn't really an option. We are: middle aged mom, 15 year old and 11 year old girls, plus a 16 year old girl French Foreign exchange student.

Is there a cheap movie theater ($3 for second run movies?) They have seen the Avengers, and Spiderman already...I think we are pushing the limit on movies esp considering her english is not good and if it isn't an action movie she might not understand it. She doesn't watch TV.

So what is there to do in Wilmington that is under cover?

I had orginially thought of the aquarium but we are staying up near wrightsville beach...30 miles from the aquarium. Where is my magic wand so I can fix this trip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 01:08 PM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Where is my magic wand so I can fix this trip?
What about a shopping trip to mall and a nice lunch.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM

149 posts, read 516,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
It never in a million years occurred to me that it would RAIN on my vacation to the beach! We are coming from Raleigh on Wednesday and staying two nights only. It was really hard to shoehorn this trip in and there is no refund if I cancel!

So the forecast looks lousy. We are staying in a cheap motel so lounging around there isn't really an option. We are: middle aged mom, 15 year old and 11 year old girls, plus a 16 year old girl French Foreign exchange student.

Is there a cheap movie theater ($3 for second run movies?) They have seen the Avengers, and Spiderman already...I think we are pushing the limit on movies esp considering her english is not good and if it isn't an action movie she might not understand it. She doesn't watch TV.

So what is there to do in Wilmington that is under cover?

I had orginially thought of the aquarium but we are staying up near wrightsville beach...30 miles from the aquarium. Where is my magic wand so I can fix this trip?
The forecast I'm seeing is for scattered thundershowers. Quite often these are quick hitters that move through the area fast and may even miss your location entirely. Check the local forecasts when you get down. There may be large parts of the day suitable for the beach. Good luck.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 AM

1,948 posts, read 2,630,783 times
unless there is ligthning and rain there is no reason you guys can't spend the
time on the beach. water is still warm, you will still get a tan, etc.

the 30 mile drive to Fort Fisher is not that bad, you could visit the actual fort fisher and
take in the short movie about the civil war . the aqaurium will be packed but it is a nice
aqaurium.

wilmington has two movie theaters , but no cheap ones.

go have lunch at Tower 7 in Wrightsville beach, the girls will love it, or have lunch at
the oceanic , sit outside on the pier , in case of rain they have huge umbrellas .
have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina