Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:02 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,532,603 times

Advertisements

I would suggest Oak Island and Southport .Check it out Southport Oak Island North Carolina Chamber of Commerce and newspaper The State Port Pilot or look at Wilmington newspaper as well Home | StarNewsOnline.com | Star-News | Wilmington, NC. Good Luck on your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM

830 posts, read 1,058,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
I am looking to move to a warmer climate but I would like to invest as little money as possible where ever I move in case I don't like it. I would rent but my problem is I have a BIG family. My daughter who is 11 YO, myself and 5 beautiful cats!!! Plus Buddy our ****zu.

How can I move to NC with my whole family? Would a condo allow this many pets? If yes, can they go outside? I don't know if this is a dumb question but I am worried to sell my house here and move to NC buy a 300K house and not like it and have to sit with all my money tied up there. I would like to keep my house here in MA till I know I want to stay down south.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and please don't suggest finding homes for my pet because they are family! Thank you ....
Oh BTW.... Buddy is a wonerful SH*TZU dog!!! Didn't mean to swear ...

Old 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM

50 posts, read 238,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
I am looking to move to a warmer climate but I would like to invest as little money as possible where ever I move in case I don't like it. I would rent but my problem is I have a BIG family. My daughter who is 11 YO, myself and 5 beautiful cats!!! Plus Buddy our ****zu.

How can I move to NC with my whole family? Would a condo allow this many pets? If yes, can they go outside? I don't know if this is a dumb question but I am worried to sell my house here and move to NC buy a 300K house and not like it and have to sit with all my money tied up there. I would like to keep my house here in MA till I know I want to stay down south.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and please don't suggest finding homes for my pet because they are family! Thank you ....
Try Craigs list, under "coastal north carolina", there are tons of places for rent in Southport and Oak Island. I also have friends who are looking to rent their place, contact me if interested. They are very pet friendly.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:30 PM

8 posts, read 22,308 times
Brunswick County is a great place to live. New medical care facilities are opening monthly it seems. We have the beach, Cape Fear and Lockwood Folly Rivers, and the Intracoastal Waterway. Brunswick Hospital is expanding and I'm sure they need qualified help. Moderator cut: TOS violation solicitation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-20-2007 at 04:17 PM..

Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 AM

50 posts, read 238,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart00 View Post
I am a widow (50), living in Ga. right now, looking for possible move for now and retirement. I still need to work, ultrasound/mammo tech. Would LOVE to be near the beach. North Carolina sounds very tempting. What are housing prices really like for a new 3 bd, 2 bath house? Any advise where to look for more info, or ideas would love to hear.
Check out Brunswick county, NC. Close to beaches, shopping, airports, and hospitals. A 3 Br would probably go for $200,000, depending on the location. Prices here are affordable, and will only continue to gain in value, because of it's proximity to the ocean, Intracoastal Waterway and Cape Fear River.
They have built some great new communities, and builders are anxious to sell. Then there are rustic little cottages, townhomes that others find appealing. All in all it is a wonderful place to live, work and play. I relocated there from DC, and have never looked back. Moderator cut: solicitation . Towns to research are Southport, Oak Island, Ocean Isle, Holden Beach, Sunset Beach and Calabash. Good luck and Happy hunting.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-25-2007 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina