Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
dbl dbl started this thread

4 posts, read 31,099 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information regarding Seawatch at Sunset Harbor in Bolivia, either owner or someone living in the area with knowledge of the community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,002,625 times
I am sure you have already researched the area, Sea Watch is a pretty new community.
We saw it on our last trip there (3/08) and it was just getting started.
I was interested because we bought in a Mark Saunders community and had a good experience.

I'm sure you have looked at this...........

Seawatch at Sunset Harbor

Don't know anything about this new community but it sure looks interesting!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:11 PM
dbl dbl started this thread

4 posts, read 31,099 times
Default Mark Saunders

Have you built a home or just purchased property? We also looked at a couple of other communities of his and were impressed with the overall theme and design of each.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,890 times
Default Seawatch in North carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl View Post
Does anyone have information regarding Seawatch at Sunset Harbor in Bolivia, either owner or someone living in the area with knowledge of the community?
I bought a homesite there in April of 2008 . I am a New Yorker and hope to retire in about six years so it seemed like good timing for me to buy just land in a yet to be developed communiity. From everything I could see at this and another Mark Saunders community ( SeaScape) . It seems like he is trying to do things right . I bought closer to the Intercoastal so I coudl be near the future Marina that is planned . I have to admit- the whole experience of buying on what you think the future wll hold can be difficult. In the end - I bought a homesite that I thought had a great location and hope that the developer (saunders) does everything he says he has planned - including the the clubhouse and the Ocean amenity center that is planned and the mariana. The risk is that I am paying now for the land and if the Marina some how doesn't get approved or if somehow the developer all of a sudden can't sell any more lots and the community doesn't get finished- then that is a riak . I just felt though from what I saw and the reputation and results of other communites developed by Saunders- I felt comfortable enough to buy this homesite Good Luck and if you want to ask others about Saunders- I suggest you ask for comments form people in SeaScape which is smaller but is near Holden Beach , NC .

Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 PM

214 posts, read 819,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl View Post
What is it you would like to know about this community? Surely you have discovered their website, and Saunders and his staff have an excellent reputation. Have you contacted them directly or are you still in the discovery process?
Submit your questions and we will attempt to answer.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,732 times
Seawatch is a scam. They are not nor will they in the near future be building amenities. Many people have gone bankrupt and lost their entire retirements because of saunders. It is so sad to hear the stories of these people and I am close to one couple who just wants out. Many people have been scammed and the people who work their have no heart. They have been fined and had to put a disclosure on they rwebsite saying they may not ever put amenities. People were sold lifestyles that were fake and never going to be completed. Do yourself a favor and do some deep investigating before you even consider this place.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM

138 posts, read 313,152 times
Saunders was just forced to give up 750 properties to BOA as partial payment for back tax's he has owed.

He still owes another 2 million

Doesn't look good for property owners in any of his developments.

Ron W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina