U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 AM

137 posts, read 523,917 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I will be relocating from Maryland to NC next year (mid 2007) after I sell my house up here and would like some opinions about Washington, NC. I'm "semi-retired" so I'm not looking for a lavish lifestyle. I'l probably be looking for a small house on an acre or two of land for some elbow room. What would something like that cost? I'll have some cash from the sale so I'll be open to looking at forclosures and fixer-uppers too. I would like to know what's going on with the prices in real estate in the Washington area right now. Are they "soft" like most parts of the country? Any opinions on the development in the downtown waterfront area? Any crime in the area to speak of? How about racial relations? Any problems there? I know this area is growing but do not want to move to a town that's going to turn into the next "hot area". Just looking for a place to spend the rest of my life in a nice slower paced town. I like to sail so that's the main reason for the choice of the area. Also, aways liked the state of NC. Lots of things to do and places to visit. Friendly people too. Thanks

Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,115 times
Default From Washington NC

Hello, I am so glad you are moving to eastern North Carolina! I am thrilled to tell you that I love it here.
It is all about water, I know you will love it! Washington is small community however the water seems to be attracting alot of attention. I see the city growing however I don't believe it will be overwhelming. An average home on the water seems to be running from $300,000 and up depending on the location. There are great communities on the water. Cypress Landing, Bay Shores, and Portside a few. I believe Cypress Landing has a website if you would like to do a search on them. However, they are located in Chocowinity which is right across the river. I would love to send you information on my city and the surrounding city of Greenville as well. (The best for shopping of course..lol)
Greenville has great shopping and eating places however they don't have water!
I just happened to stumble across this post while I was looking for a broker position in my town. I just recieved my provisional broker's license today! If there is anything I can do to help you please let me know.
I have no hidden agenda....people are just nice here like you said.
Email me if I can help any further: priscillawjames@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina