U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
 
10 posts, read 21,912 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

You guys seem inundated with Jersey people like me who want to move south, so I hope this hasn't been asked a million times. We know we're leaving Jersey by High School time (2 years from now), because with taxes, cost of living, and the additional cost of a private high school for our three kids, it's just too expensive to live in South Jersey and maintain 2 homes. We currently vacation in Cape May, but want to consolidate everything and just live in an area where we can fish, boat, bike, etc. rather than travel and hour and a half to do so. SO, I was visiting a friend and secretly ripped out a page from her Coastal Living Mag featuring a picture of Seawatch at Sunset Harbor. After tucking it in my bag, I immediately went on line and we called the people, and long story short, we love what we see. How are the schools in the area (high school), how are taxes (anything lower than $5K a year sounds good!) and what about flood insurance? Any great ASA softball in the area? Any info on the upcoming Seawatch are would be really helpful, as we plan on coming down for a long weekend soon. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 7,339,587 times
Reputation: 2801
MJ-LOL, Sooo funny that you "defaced" you friends' magazine!! You can actually get your own copy on line!! Look at the web site Live South.com they have a great free magazine too.
We were in Brunswick Co. end of Sept. and drove past SeaWatch-didn't go in as it is a major construction site. They have built some model homes and the billboards say that home sites start in the 200K range.
SeaWatch is a Coastal Communities development, one of Mark Saunders newest. He also developed Ocean Ridge, Ocean Isle Palm and Rivers Edge. All of his developments feature different ammenities. Gawd-I sound like a salesman! (I'm not!) Just doing some Brunswick snooping too
We, actually, bought in one of his other developments a couple of years ago. It was a surprisingly pleasant experience (for plopping down some bucks), no pressure.
As for the schools, in our many travels there, we have heard the elementary and middle schools are good and the HS (South Brunswick) has mixed reviews.

My recent (8/07) Brunswick Co. property tax bill is, Rate Per $100 value at 0.3050.
Good luck with your search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 13,647,005 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSouthJersey View Post
You guys seem inundated with Jersey people like me who want to move south, so I hope this hasn't been asked a million times. We know we're leaving Jersey by High School time (2 years from now), because with taxes, cost of living, and the additional cost of a private high school for our three kids, it's just too expensive to live in South Jersey and maintain 2 homes. We currently vacation in Cape May, but want to consolidate everything and just live in an area where we can fish, boat, bike, etc. rather than travel and hour and a half to do so. SO, I was visiting a friend and secretly ripped out a page from her Coastal Living Mag featuring a picture of Seawatch at Sunset Harbor. After tucking it in my bag, I immediately went on line and we called the people, and long story short, we love what we see. How are the schools in the area (high school), how are taxes (anything lower than $5K a year sounds good!) and what about flood insurance? Any great ASA softball in the area? Any info on the upcoming Seawatch are would be really helpful, as we plan on coming down for a long weekend soon. Thanks for the help!


I work for that company that owns Sea Watch The sales people should be able to answer all your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2007, 06:43 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 7,339,587 times
Reputation: 2801
Sheena- Are you lovin' your job?
We looked at Sea Watch in Sept. the model homes are lovely!

But I still get sooo lost in that area. That whole 17, 179 set up really confuses me
Good thing is-I always find some familiar land mark!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Woodlynne NJ
219 posts, read 789,206 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
MJ-LOL, Sooo funny that you "defaced" you friends' magazine!! You can actually get your own copy on line!! Look at the web site Live South.com they have a great free magazine too.
We were in Brunswick Co. end of Sept. and drove past SeaWatch-didn't go in as it is a major construction site. They have built some model homes and the billboards say that home sites start in the 200K range.
SeaWatch is a Coastal Communities development, one of Mark Saunders newest. He also developed Ocean Ridge, Ocean Isle Palm and Rivers Edge. All of his developments feature different ammenities. Gawd-I sound like a salesman! (I'm not!) Just doing some Brunswick snooping too
We, actually, bought in one of his other developments a couple of years ago. It was a surprisingly pleasant experience (for plopping down some bucks), no pressure.
As for the schools, in our many travels there, we have heard the elementary and middle schools are good and the HS (South Brunswick) has mixed reviews.

My recent (8/07) Brunswick Co. property tax bill is, Rate Per $100 value at 0.3050.
Good luck with your search
JJ
Okay, I'm not the sharpest tack on the board with this computer.
You mention Live South.com.
So how come I can't find it? I got some Down South.com which is a rap site.
You tryin to fool the old man?
Denny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 13,647,005 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Sheena- Are you lovin' your job?
We looked at Sea Watch in Sept. the model homes are lovely!

But I still get sooo lost in that area. That whole 17, 179 set up really confuses me
Good thing is-I always find some familiar land mark!
LOL, I wouldn't say lovin' it.........Frustrating at times We are having a big sales event at Ocean Ridge this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 7,339,587 times
Reputation: 2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by njprintman View Post
JJ
Okay, I'm not the sharpest tack on the board with this computer.
You mention Live South.com.
So how come I can't find it? I got some Down South.com which is a rap site.
You tryin to fool the old man?
Denny
Den,
I just google search Livesouth.com and the first option on the list is a retirement and relocation resource! You can sign up for free info on that site.
They will send you a beautiful glossy mag (quarterly).

Down south rap.......interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
 
2,784 posts, read 7,339,587 times
Reputation: 2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
LOL, I wouldn't say lovin' it.........Frustrating at times We are having a big sales event at Ocean Ridge this weekend.
Good Luck this weekend. Those things are pretty intense
Can't imagine what goes on "behind the scene".

AWW well, it'll be over Sunday afternoon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 13,647,005 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Good Luck this weekend. Those things are pretty intense
Can't imagine what goes on "behind the scene".

AWW well, it'll be over Sunday afternoon!
I'm actually involved in the financial part of it and that's bad enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
 
10 posts, read 26,794 times
Reputation: 11
Just looked at the SeaWatch website -many pics are from the surrounding area - on your long weekend to Brunswick Co. - I would recommend driving the area & just a quick trip in and out of SeaWatch. If you love the Jersey Shore - I think you will love Brunswick Co. Many interesting places, & great boating (check out Cape Fear Yatch Club or Southport Sailing & Boat Club)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top