Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,301,936 times

Advertisements

A lesbian couple living in New Bern, N.C., had just finished their meal at the Stingray Cafe in downtown New Bern when they say the restaurant’s owner handed them a letter condemning them.

This is the letter:

Quote:
God said in the last days that man and wom[a]n would be lover of self, more [than] the lover of God.
That man and woman would have unnatural [affection] for one another. Then, the coming of the Son of Man, who is Jesus. So please, look at your life. See how it hurt[s] everyone around you. And ask the Lord to open your eye[s] before it [is] to[o] late.
The Love of Christ
P.S. my daughter also was gay. It destroy[ed] her life and my grandson.
Lesbian couple: Restaurant owner hands them letter condemning homosexuality | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12

Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 AM

917 posts, read 2,293,485 times
Whoa! That's horrible! Too bad, as I loved the shrimp at Sting Ray but will be boycotting them now just as I do Chick fillet.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,741,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
A lesbian couple living in New Bern, N.C., had just finished their meal at the Stingray Cafe in downtown New Bern when they say the restaurant’s owner handed them a letter condemning them.

This is the letter:

Lesbian couple: Restaurant owner hands them letter condemning homosexuality | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12
Glad you posted that--I was just on my way to.

As some of the comments say, does he pass out letters to men who are there with their mistresses? For that matter, does he serve shellfish or crab?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM

910 posts, read 1,314,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Glad you posted that--I was just on my way to.

As some of the comments say, does he pass out letters to men who are there with their mistresses? For that matter, does he serve shellfish or crab?
Does he check the tags on his employees' work clothes to see if they're a cotton/poly blend?

Does he throw out any chairs that have been sat on by menstruating women?

It's the south, surely he's serving pork along with that shellfish.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,583,905 times
When I went into business, my Daddy told me to never "discuss religion, sex or politics" with my customers. It's a crying shame that the owner of the Stingray Cafe's daddy didn't give him the same wise advice.

The owner's behavior was horrid; hateful. He took their money and then insulted and foisted his misguided opinion on them outside on the sidewalk.

I ate there once; never, ever again.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 8,741 times
Wow. I ate there once too... I won't be going back. The owner's actions are absolutely ridiculous. It would be one thing if he were a random customer eating in the restaurant, but he's the OWNER.

But if you look at it from his point of view, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, it makes since. He's a Christian and an intolerant one at that. Probably enculturated by his parent's interpretations of the Bible. I know how it is, and it's hard to change your views and interpretations of a book that is supposedly dictating the way you should live your life. Still, this is a business, and he's gotta learn that a business is no place to be religiously biased toward customers. I say one of us should create a petition demanding he apologizes to the couple or face a boycott. Or something.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:13 AM

910 posts, read 1,314,874 times
To be fair the owner's probably still a bit miffed that they have to serve blacks.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,781,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
To be fair the owner's probably still a bit miffed that they have to serve blacks.
Most likely. He sounds like a total tool.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,675,724 times
Why does free speech only apply to one side of the political spectrum.

PDA is pretty disgusting no matter who participates (unless it is me).

Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,675,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
That my friend is a very very very very very prejudicial remark. The owner severs lots of black people and even some of those from east asia based on my EXPERIENCE, not my prejudice.

I really enjoyed my meal last night, and though I have my fill of fried food, will be back tonight.

I don't approve of his message, but I am tolerant enough to know he has the right to deliver it. Seems the lefties and lesbies on this board, don't have such tolerance. TSK, TSK, TSK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina