U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM

245 posts, read 377,892 times

Advertisements

Beaufort County Commissioners Pass Gun Nullification Resolution citing the responsibility of upholding the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution must be by the people rather than the President and Congress:

North Carolina County Takes a Stand - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM

910 posts, read 1,166,821 times
Good luck with that.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,749,431 times
Good job, Beaufort County.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,014 times
I'm so glad I don't live in BC anymore.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 AM

42 posts, read 80,913 times
^^ why is that? sounds like they are doing the right thing

Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,041,808 times
I wish them the best of luck. However I do believe the nation has changed fundamentally from 30, 20 or even 10 years ago. Those that have been bought off and those who want to continue towards their communal idea of Utopia now out number old school conservatives. Many that I grew up with now share this same communal idea. That any and all that need help should be helped regardless of their ability to help themselves. If it takes the confiscation of every weapon in public hands to avoid the average of 20 people killed in mass murders every year, then they believe it should happen.

This makes no sense to me. There are over 30,000 people killed in automobile accidents every year. Someone pointed out that automobiles don't cause the accidents, alcohol does. Well... There are over 75,000 deaths a year attributed to alcohol. Why is that still legal? An average of 211 children die in alcohol related automobile accidents every year. Where is the national outrage?

Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,014 times
No one is going to show at anybody's home to confiscate their weapons. People are being paranoid.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM

910 posts, read 1,166,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
No one is going to show at anybody's home to confiscate their weapons. People are being paranoid.
Which reminds me, have the brain trust at the Beaufort County Commission tackled the thorny issue of UN Agenda 21 yet?

Ya never know when those blue-helmeted thugs will come rolling into Belhaven looking to round up citizens.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM

872 posts, read 1,717,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
Which reminds me, have the brain trust at the Beaufort County Commission tackled the thorny issue of UN Agenda 21 yet?

Ya never know when those blue-helmeted thugs will come rolling into Belhaven looking to round up citizens.
That sounds more like Charlottesville, VA than anywhere in NC. That is the only place where city leaders think that they accomplish something by making rulings related to the UN.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,658,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
^^ why is that? sounds like they are doing the right thing
Let's count the ways:

1) They say they believe in the Constitution but then ignore the supremacy clause.

2) They say they believe in the Constitution yet don't allow public comment which in effect restrains the 1st amendment right to petition.

3) They say or imply that the Executive Orders for gun control are extra-Constitutional. That simply isn't true. Have you read them? They are weak and have nothing to do with undoing the 2nd amendment. This proves that the commioners are idiots and not just ignorant of the Constitution.

4) They say they are for the Constitution but they don't seem too excited about the part that talks about the Executive branch or the Supreme Court.

The 2nd amendment says ARMS not guns. Meaning, by the logic of these idiots we should be able to have fully automatic machine guns, attack helicopters and nuclear weapons in our basements.

The CONSTITUTIONAL LAW is clear. We keep our guns but there will be some level of control which is allowed. It's called regulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina