U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,566 times

Advertisements

My husband is stationed at Ft Bragg and deployed to Iraq until Aug. next year. We are looking to relocate to NC but do not wish to live on base or surrounding city of Fayetteville. Whiteville seems to be a very nice quiet town within favorable driving distance to Ft Bragg. How do i get updated info on rental housing in this community? We have 4 children. Also have a 4 yr old autistic daughter and are looking for private or public schooling for her.
Thanks, Martha D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM

10 posts, read 26,800 times
Have you seen Southport? I worked in the elementary school there for several yrs - it is a great school. They have had a few autistic students and have teachers that are well equipped for this. Southport-Realty.com is a good place to start searching

Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,550,611 times
MarthaJill:
Have you tried the Dunn community yet? It is about 45 minutes from Fort Bragg and has all the conveniences, churches, shopping, etc but none of the big city sprawl or noise. You could live in the rural area between Bragg and Dunn and be about 25 minutes away. I suggest you try any of the larger realtors (Century21 is good). Good luck on your move and thank your husband for his service to America!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:13 AM

197 posts, read 876,907 times
For sales or rentals in the Whiteville area,
go to

The News Reporter and go to classifieds/or real estate agency ads
Whiteville Online - Whiteville and Columbus County, NC and look up real estate websites under "businesses"

You are right, Whiteville is small and quiet and no real development yet, but it is starting to creep up highway 9 from Myrtle Beach into lower Columbus County.

Whiteville is priced much less than Brunswick and Horry Counties, which are next door, and depending on where you live (and how fast you drive), a 30-45minute drive to the beach (Ocean Isle or North Myrtle Beach). You can be in Fayetteville or Wilmington in 45 min. to an hour.

There are other towns that would be closer to Fort Bragg, but if Whiteville is what you're interested in, PM me and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 AM

7 posts, read 16,892 times
we are also looking in the whitesville area, does anybody know any other links to say local news papers?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:31 AM

9 posts, read 21,182 times
April,
My daughter has a really nice home in the country in Fayetteville, NC. She has just custom painted it throughout. 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths. cherry flooring in kitchen, marble in DR, New Carpet in Bedrooms and LR. Hallwall is nice pergo. Water filtration system. 30/30 double car garage with concrete slab out back. almost 2 acres land. Garage is plenty big to have a workshop, plus cars.
attic storage in garage. seperate small storage bldg. Nice, quite neighborhood. Deputy sheriff lives next door. What price range are you looking for?
Thanks
sadiesins@charter.net

Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajill View Post
My husband is stationed at Ft Bragg and deployed to Iraq until Aug. next year. We are looking to relocate to NC but do not wish to live on base or surrounding city of Fayetteville. Whiteville seems to be a very nice quiet town within favorable driving distance to Ft Bragg. How do i get updated info on rental housing in this community? We have 4 children. Also have a 4 yr old autistic daughter and are looking for private or public schooling for her.
Thanks, Martha D.
Martha, I thought that i just sent a message to an april about this request.did u receive it.
Very nice house for rent in Fayetteille, NC. In the country
sadiesins@charter.net

Old 11-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Martha, my daughter has a very nice country home for rent in Fayetteville. 1600 sq. ft. 2 acres land. 3 Bedr.,2baths,Lg.LR, DiningRm,kitchen.
Nice Cherry wood in Kitch. Marble in DR, Pergo in hallways and foyer.
Brand New carpet in bedrooms and LR. Fireplace.
Water filtration system.
New Custom paint through out the house.
30/30,garage/work-shop with attice storage., small storage bldg also with shelves. Large concrete patio behind garage.
Great place to raise kids. Deputy sheriff lives next door.
quite neighborhood.
write me at sadiesins@charter.net if interested.
Have a Blessed Veterans Day. I went to a Bus.meeting last night and a gentleman speaker gave us many facts about the American Flag. He also
sang, "God Bless the USA"
God Bless the Military Guys.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

5 posts, read 32,149 times
Try www.starnewsonline.com for local info. Also check out a new community on Hwy 74/76 called Compass Pointe, it's Brunswick County so the taxes are lower than new Hanover County.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 PM

Did u receive info. about house in Fayetteville?
sadiesins@charter.net
nice country home for rent, safe and quite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina