Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM

99 posts, read 241,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeawish3 View Post
It is 11 miles from winding river, to the food lion on holden beach
LOWES FOODS will soon be built six miles from Winding River Plantation on Rte. I 211:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM

720 posts, read 1,702,464 times
I think it's even less than that. It'll be at the intersection with Midway Rd,and several other businesses will be in there (pharmacy?bank?) We don't mind the drive,it's a straight flat highway,55mph, and no snow ice or potholes,so it doesn't feel far. There's also a kwik mart type place on Sunset Harbor Rd, not far if you come out at the bottom of Zion Hill Rd and turn right.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM

605 posts, read 1,247,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlady View Post
Have you looked at Brunswick Forest? Conveniences abound as there is a shopping center across the street housing a Lowe's grocery, bank, restaurants, medical facilities, etc. There is also a Harris Teeter a few minutes away.

The golf community in Brunswick Forest has just announced the opening of new golf course lots with a grand opening event filled weekend mid April which you can attend by contacting them. Many of these lots back up to the course which is a beautiful course; a bit of a challenge to play, but truly beautiful.

Brunswick Forest is also extremely close to Wilmington which offers 5 organic food stores, shopping, restaurants, profreseional theater, etc.

If you haven't researched this community, you might want to contact them for information.

The other upside is that this community is debt free. We had a realtor tell us that Ocean Ridge is having financial difficulty, but I can't speak from persoanl knowledge, just that this realtor did not recommend that we look there.

Best of luck on your search.
We already purchased a lot in Ocean Ridge Plantation. They are in great financial shape. Sauders has taken care of his problems except for Jaquar's Liar section which is on the other side of route 17 and away from the main section of ORP. We did not like Brunswick Forest - too cookie cutter and not enough pond lots - and a little too busy up there - too much like Mt. laurel where we are now in NJ. That development is nice for others, though. We did go through it and saw much activitiy.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:33 PM

We like Brunswick Forest, really like having everything close. We spent Labor Day holiday 2012.
on the property, used all the facilities, and nice. However, on this third trip we looked at Winding River and love location with boat house, and small marina on the river and the beach house. The LOWES going in just six miles away is real plus. WR has an established community garden, need to grow my veggies. I need to review the WR Reserve Study, didn't care for the BF Reserve Study.

We are a little concerned with the ultimate size of BF, as it is more built out.

Is anyone aware of any issuses/problems at WR?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlecamper View Post
I think it's even less than that. It'll be at the intersection with Midway Rd,and several other businesses will be in there (pharmacy?bank?) We don't mind the drive,it's a straight flat highway,55mph, and no snow ice or potholes,so it doesn't feel far. There's also a kwik mart type place on Sunset Harbor Rd, not far if you come out at the bottom of Zion Hill Rd and turn right.
Your perspecacity is amazing, snow, ice, potholes, how did you know we are in RI?

How long have you lived at WR?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM

4 posts, read 13,498 times
I think you should check out Sunset Ridge in Ocean Isle Beach, it is close to everything and is a really lovely community. My wife and I are so glad we choose it. All the homes are built by a local builder Bill Clark and are really well built and well priced. We moved here from the north just over a year ago and had found this community on the web, mod cut
We quickly fell in love with Sunset Ridge as it was close to everything we wanted. Sunset Beach is less than 7 minutes away, 7 golf courses are all within 5 minutes, we have two supermarkets within 5 minutes, a CVS and Walgreens less than 5 minutes away. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend anyone looking to move to the Coastal NC area take a look at this wonderful community.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: tos violation

Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 PM

I am currently a part-timer and live in River Run Plantation in Bolivia.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 13,498 times
No so sure "how soon".. that sign has been up for a while and when you ask around no one has a "firm" date as to when they will be breaking ground. The biggest draw back of that whole area is a lack of shopping i.e. supermarkets, drug stores like Walgreen's ETC. When this Lowe's does finally open it will be a big boon for the area and the several plantations in it.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Default 211 Midway Commons

Does anyone have an update on the progress of 211 Midway Commons/ Lowes Food?

Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 PM

They are now doing site preparation. Yay!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina