Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,567 times

Advertisements

southeastlady - your posts have been invaluable!!!! Thank you so much for all your research for the rest of us that are contemplating this move, too, "Hope this is helpful. We have found the search for the right location to retire to be a long arduous task. For some reason, much more difficult than any previous move. I suppose, although I hate to admit it, that it is the realization that for many if us this will be the last home we own. This is why, for us, we make every effort to get all the information we can on communities of interest" You are correct - this will probably be the last home before "the nursing home" that most of us are making so we want to absolutely make the correct decision.....My husband and I have never made a bad real estate decision in four homes - and I don't want my last to be the boo-boo. Keep on your awesome postings! I love this site as I have had such a wealth of knowledge being shared - in fact, 'jerseyj' I found out, lives in the same town where I work, and we are interested in the same plantation, so we meet for lunch to discuss things, too! how great is that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
southeastlady - your posts have been invaluable!!!! Thank you so much for all your research for the rest of us that are contemplating this move, too, "Hope this is helpful. We have found the search for the right location to retire to be a long arduous task. For some reason, much more difficult than any previous move. I suppose, although I hate to admit it, that it is the realization that for many if us this will be the last home we own. This is why, for us, we make every effort to get all the information we can on communities of interest" You are correct - this will probably be the last home before "the nursing home" that most of us are making so we want to absolutely make the correct decision.....My husband and I have never made a bad real estate decision in four homes - and I don't want my last to be the boo-boo. Keep on your awesome postings! I love this site as I have had such a wealth of knowledge being shared - in fact, 'jerseyj' I found out, lives in the same town where I work, and we are interested in the same plantation, so we meet for lunch to discuss things, too! how great is that!!
Holy pink Batman I think I must becoming color blind

Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM

158 posts, read 345,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Missynancy,

Thank you for this post. Our digging and searching to be sure we're making the right decision has certainly taken over our lives. It has, however, been worth every minute and now that I have received so many assurances that I am also helping others in the same situation is truly gratifying.

I also wanted to mention this to you. In regard to your offer on the lot, if the agent for the seller is an agent working for the community, he/she would be totally aware of the property report for that community. As a result, any questions you might have, he would know the answers to and therefore has the responsibility to disclose. This report includes information such as the amenities that are completely, those which have financing complete to be build and those which do not have financing completed. It will also list utility hook up fees, soil conditions, drainage conditions etc. Consumers are encouraged to ask for this when interested in a particular subdivision as per websites that give info on this report.

Google "interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act", "Federal Property Report" and "Federal Consumer Protection Statute". All of this was previously handled under HUD. However, once the "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" was created as a result of the Dodd Frank Bill, this bureau now handles the Federal Property Report.

I have also made personal contacts that have resulted in wonderful friends through this forum and yes, it is great !!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlady View Post
Missynancy,

Thank you for this post. Our digging and searching to be sure we're making the right decision has certainly taken over our lives. It has, however, been worth every minute and now that I have received so many assurances that I am also helping others in the same situation is truly gratifying.

I also wanted to mention this to you. In regard to your offer on the lot, if the agent for the seller is an agent working for the community, he/she would be totally aware of the property report for that community. As a result, any questions you might have, he would know the answers to and therefore has the responsibility to disclose. This report includes information such as the amenities that are completely, those which have financing complete to be build and those which do not have financing completed. It will also list utility hook up fees, soil conditions, drainage conditions etc. Consumers are encouraged to ask for this when interested in a particular subdivision as per websites that give info on this report.

Google "interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act", "Federal Property Report" and "Federal Consumer Protection Statute". All of this was previously handled under HUD. However, once the "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" was created as a result of the Dodd Frank Bill, this bureau now handles the Federal Property Report.

I have also made personal contacts that have resulted in wonderful friends through this forum and yes, it is great !!!!
Please excuse the type. In paragraph two, the sentence should read, "This report includes information such as the amenities that are COMPLETED" not completely. Sorry, did proof read, but missed this.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:35 AM

22 posts, read 73,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Thank you for the link!

It does seem that the availablity of natural gas is spotty in the developments in Brunswick Co.

Sea Trail, Brunswick Plantation (not Forest), Oyster Bay, Devaun Park and Ocean Ridge have natural gas but nearby Crow Creek, The Farm etc. do not.
We are counting down the days that remain till we move from NJ to our home in Brunswick Plantation. The end of the school year can't come soon enough. Anyway, Brunswick Plantation does not have natural gas. We use propane for cooking and heating. To my knowledge there is no natural gas south of the hospital on RT 17.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Jim,

You are absolutely correct! Doing more research, I do stand corrected and will be following the pipeline project down 17!

Thank you and congrats on your move to Brunswick Plantation.....love that golf course!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF1974 View Post
We are counting down the days that remain till we move from NJ to our home in Brunswick Plantation. The end of the school year can't come soon enough. Anyway, Brunswick Plantation does not have natural gas. We use propane for cooking and heating. To my knowledge there is no natural gas south of the hospital on RT 17.
As per the property report for Brunswick Forest there is natural gas in Brunswick Forest.

Natural gas is in sections of Phase 1, Phase 3, Phase 6, Phase 5 and Phase 2. The report indicates that Piedmont Natural Gas is the provider.

The report also indicates that the other energy source available in the Subdivision will be propane gas or fuel oil indicating also that these fuels are available from local distributors, including, but not limited to:
Americas Propane
Suburban Propane
W.K. Hobbs, Inc.

Hope this helpful....

Old 04-21-2013, 06:31 PM

605 posts, read 1,259,567 times
thanks southeastlady!!! We actually are going to make settlement sometime this spring on a lot we purchased in ORP. looking forward to a move south in about five years or so............so it is a lot we own .....not a 'home'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina