U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,096 times

Advertisements

We had a house built in wilmington at woodlake at lords creek. We did research on schools and the area. I am till nervous about moving my children. Anyone else move there with children from Long Island NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,079,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimeeeNY View Post
We had a house built in wilmington at woodlake at lords creek. We did research on schools and the area. I am till nervous about moving my children. Anyone else move there with children from Long Island NY?
There are a number of transplants in that area and that go to those schools (Ashley/Murray/Anderson complex)....its walking distance into the Veterans Park where there is always something going on.

I would say the area gets better and better every year as more development and redevelopment takes place...its not the highest end community in the Wilmington area (its well outside of actual Wilmington) but you certainly should find it more low key than Long Island. You will love the weather compared to LI.

BTW, try Britt's donuts on the Carolina Beach boardwalk when you get there...a must go place for kids and an institution in that part of the world.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM

4,291 posts, read 2,753,430 times
you will run into people from NY everywhere you go, and the recent trend is to move families there. no reason to be nervous. wilmington is just like anywhere else.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 AM

27 posts, read 56,135 times
We are doing the same thing, we also built with Stevens homes, Laura and Lori were our sales reps as well, great lady's!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
KimeeeNY,

Best of luck on your endeavor. We too, are looking to move to Wilmington from Boston area. Admittedly I'm a bit nervous though. Been reading a lot of forums with a lot of frustrated locals-agitated about all the Northern transplants. Obviously I can't give too much weight to angry forum posts (forums seem to sometimes bring out the worst in people, especially in the moment) but still. Anyway best luck. Maybe when I get down there our families can meet and we can hate each other because I'm from Boston and you're from New York. just kidding.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,410,346 times
Don't be afraid. It's a great place to move to, esp. if you like the beach, food, and outdoor activities.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,854 times
Default Lucky!

You will love it!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM

31 posts, read 46,182 times
We moved to ENC from LI last year and are happy so far. The weather, lower cost, and slower pace are big positives. The region is growing and changing for the better, in part because of all us northerners migrating south. We bought our house based on school reviews and it seems we chose right. Trust the research you did, seek out the things that interest you down here, and you will be happy.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM

202 posts, read 289,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineandMike View Post
We moved to ENC from LI last year and are happy so far. The weather, lower cost, and slower pace are big positives. The region is growing and changing for the better, in part because of all us northerners migrating south. We bought our house based on school reviews and it seems we chose right. Trust the research you did, seek out the things that interest you down here, and you will be happy.
Thank God for you sanctimonious Yankees. What would we ever do without you?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM

31 posts, read 46,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Thank God for you sanctimonious Yankees. What would we ever do without you?
No need for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina