Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM

791 posts, read 1,149,468 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of moving to N Top Sail Beach area in a resort condo complex. Is the quality of life very good in this general area? Is it easy getting seasonal jobs in Housekeeping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 02:34 PM

13,351 posts, read 26,864,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
I am in the process of moving to N Top Sail Beach area in a resort condo complex. Is the quality of life very good in this general area? Is it easy getting seasonal jobs in Housekeeping?
Not sure what you mean by quality of life. The area is very thinly populated and quiet in the winter. There are a few bars and restaurants open for the regulars. There are a couple of churches, a few stores and fishing shops. If you want a to go to a movie or bowling, you go to Jacksonville. If you want major shopping or cultural events, you go to Wilmington.

If you have a job lined up, great! If you want to work somewhere else, you might have to look for the busier beaches like Wrightsville, Carolina Beach, Surf City, or further north to Emerald Isle.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM

196 posts, read 574,072 times
As goldenage points out North Topsail doesn't have a lot, but you don't have to go too far to find things.

There are a fair amount of things to do in Surf City. A multiplex cinema is in the works, there are more restaurants in Surf City on both the island and mainland. Cape Fear Community College is building a brick and mortar building in Surf City too.

I have no idea about seasonal housekeeping but I would imagine there are jobs especially during the rental season when houses are vacated and cleaned on Saturdays and Sundays. I would think they could use all the help they can!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Not sure what you mean by quality of life. The area is very thinly populated and quiet in the winter. There are a few bars and restaurants open for the regulars. There are a couple of churches, a few stores and fishing shops. If you want a to go to a movie or bowling, you go to Jacksonville. If you want major shopping or cultural events, you go to Wilmington.

If you have a job lined up, great! If you want to work somewhere else, you might have to look for the busier beaches like Wrightsville, Carolina Beach, Surf City, or further north to Emerald Isle.
Thanks for the input. I been at Raleigh, North Carolina for about a year. Time to move and enjoy quiet at resort location area. N Top Sail Beach. I don't realy need a job kind of saying.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:02 PM

A Question. Local Seafood. Do and don'ts in the lifestyle of Sneads Ferry area? Catch own crab, fish, or buy from market.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 PM

13,351 posts, read 26,864,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
A Question. Local Seafood. Do and don'ts in the lifestyle of Sneads Ferry area? Catch own crab, fish, or buy from market.
I suppose you can catch you own crabs, but I have not seen anyone doing it. We buy from Davis Seafood off 172 near the New River Bridge. The store is clean (unlike some), and the fish, shrimp and scallops are very fresh.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 AM

188 posts, read 746,988 times
I wasn't aware of any resorts on N Topsail. As far as seafood, the Seafood Shack, beside Rick's just before the bridge has good, fresh, local seafood. I have been getting all kinds of seafood there for 3 years.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM

96 posts, read 431,851 times
Smile Beautiful Blue Crabs

[quote=goldenage1;28687742]I suppose you can catch you own crabs, but I have not seen anyone doing it.
We caught over 15 crabs in just a few hours right in Mimosa. There is plenty of shrimp right off the day dock too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina