U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:53 PM

70 posts, read 106,246 times

Advertisements

We've owned an oceanfront condo at the St. Regis in North Topsail Beach for 12 years. LOVE IT! Topsail is a very special and beautiful place. Except for in the summer, it's very quiet!

Like every beach in the Carolinas except Sunset Beach, erosion is an issue. It's severe at the extreme north end of the island and it's becoming a problem in places that have not had beach nourishment. We are very fortunate in that our section of beach (at the St. Regis) had beach nourishment in 2012 and it is holding up fine...even after the latest storms. We also have an excellent vegetated dune - which is SOOOO important if you are looking at beach property.

Condo prices are at rock bottom right now but condo fees (which include a Master Insurance policy) are high. We do get a group rate. We keep our condo rented in the summer to pay the bills.

NTB's CBRA designation was apparently made in error way back when, and the town is working to have this changed by Congress. If it happens, insurance rates will go down and property values will go up.

I have never seen a palmetto bug at my condo or on the grounds. I've seen a few mosquitos over the years. Maybe it's because our complex exterminates. It's true that the ocean breezes keep the bugs at bay.

As for the "For Sale" signs, there actually appear to be less properties for sale than in recent years. The Homes Guide is pretty thin. Maybe people are seeing For Rent signs and are thinking those properties are for sale. Beach rentals are everywhere!

It is true that there used to be a road where the ocean is now.

Please message me if I can give you any more information from someone who actually owns property on NTB. We are thinking of selling our condo (we live in MD and want something closer) if you are interested in chatting about that.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 PM

703 posts, read 3,049,035 times
I'm getting ready to buy a property in North Topsial Beach. Love the area. Erosion is an issue. Thus, why I am buying 2nd row and the property includes the oceanfront lot that can't be built on. WIN WIN!

Old 10-16-2017, 05:51 AM

6 posts, read 3,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflanagan View Post
We've owned an oceanfront condo at the St. Regis in North Topsail Beach for 12 years. LOVE IT! Topsail is a very special and beautiful place. Except for in the summer, it's very quiet!

Like every beach in the Carolinas except Sunset Beach, erosion is an issue. It's severe at the extreme north end of the island and it's becoming a problem in places that have not had beach nourishment. We are very fortunate in that our section of beach (at the St. Regis) had beach nourishment in 2012 and it is holding up fine...even after the latest storms. We also have an excellent vegetated dune - which is SOOOO important if you are looking at beach property.

Condo prices are at rock bottom right now but condo fees (which include a Master Insurance policy) are high. We do get a group rate. We keep our condo rented in the summer to pay the bills.

NTB's CBRA designation was apparently made in error way back when, and the town is working to have this changed by Congress. If it happens, insurance rates will go down and property values will go up.

I have never seen a palmetto bug at my condo or on the grounds. I've seen a few mosquitos over the years. Maybe it's because our complex exterminates. It's true that the ocean breezes keep the bugs at bay.

As for the "For Sale" signs, there actually appear to be less properties for sale than in recent years. The Homes Guide is pretty thin. Maybe people are seeing For Rent signs and are thinking those properties are for sale. Beach rentals are everywhere!

It is true that there used to be a road where the ocean is now.

Please message me if I can give you any more information from someone who actually owns property on NTB. We are thinking of selling our condo (we live in MD and want something closer) if you are interested in chatting about that.

Good Luck!
Do you still own your condo at NTB St. Regis? I inquire as my husband and I are considering purchasing a 2/2 Bed/Bath Condo at St. Regis in Bldg 2/5th floor.

Any advice you can provide? I noted the HOA fees were very high? Any idea why this would be the case? Thanks for any feedback.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 AM

11,265 posts, read 19,810,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Q View Post
I noted the HOA fees were very high? Any idea why this would be the case?
You should be able to obtain the budget and expenses from the condo association. The Saint Regis has a heated indoor pool, doesn't it? That's an extra expense.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:44 AM

98 posts, read 77,974 times
Sea level rising: 20 NC towns, cities could be flooded by sea water in 15 years | News & Observer

Old 10-18-2017, 11:23 AM

219 posts, read 165,600 times
The report is interesting, and if it pans out as it's reported, quite disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina