U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,786 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate in the next few years and are looking into Brunswick Forest. My fiancé is now 55 and I am 45. We both love Wilmington, and Brunswick Forest looks amazing! Since we will be moving without benefit of friends and family in the area, we are looking for a neighborhood with the opportunity to meet peers with similar interests. We did see some families, and middle aged couples occasionally during the day- but the majority of people we saw were mid 60's and above. Don't get me wrong- they were definitely full of life and could probably kick my butt as far as fitness goes, lol! Just hoping to find a nice mix of people- would be very jealous if my whole neighborhood was out enjoying life while I'm still working .
The answer we seem to get is always- "well the bus comes through"- any additional info would be very helpful! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM

11,251 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrnNepa View Post
We did see some families, and middle aged couples occasionally during the day- but the majority of people we saw were mid 60's and above......Just hoping to find a nice mix of people- would be very jealous if my whole neighborhood was out enjoying life while I'm still working
I was curious about how to find an accurate answer, not just an impression. The 2010 Census data is available online if you are patient and willing to drill down through their maps. It's here: 2010 Census Interactive Population Map

I took a populated area, bounded by Low Country Blvd on the north and south, Brunswick Forest Parkway on the east, and Leesburgh on the west. That's Census Tract 202.02, Block 1051 if you want to replicate my results.

Basically, the figures confirm your impression. Out of 106 total people, here is the breakdown by age:
Under 18 - 13
20-24 - 2
25-34 - 11
35-49 - 20
50-64 - 35
65 and over - 25

A quick summary, 60 of 106 are over 50, and 46 are under 50. I'll leave it to you to compute means, medians, or whatever. However, I would call it a nice mix of ages, considering it's mainly a retirement community. Enjoy your future home!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,786 times
Thanks! That fits the profile that would work for us Really do love everything about BF and Wilmington. Appreciate your research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina