Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM

24 posts, read 123,642 times

Advertisements

We are flying down the last weekend of April to search for a rental home. One of the ones we are looking at in is Leland another in Forest Hills. There are others but spread out all over. Any hotel recommendations?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM

69 posts, read 454,012 times
I have stayed at and would recommend... The Jameson Inn on Dunlea Court in Wilmington, and the Baymont Inn on College Road in Wilmington. Both are centrally located and affordable prices. Also both included a great, free breakfast.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:03 PM

40 posts, read 229,988 times
The Baymont Inn in Wilmington is a great deal for the money. My husband and I recently stayed there before our move. It's clean, the breakfast is free, and they have the most amazing waffles!

Good luck with your house hunting.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,943 times
I stayed at the Hampton Inn off 17th Street near New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington and I'm mentioning it because their beds were SOOOOOO comfortable! I slept like a baby on a cloud. I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn that had beds that comfy before, this hotel has premium beds. This area is not too far from Leland. But I recommend it just for the beds!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM

80 posts, read 322,845 times
Some of the communities in the area provide cheap "discovery" packages either on site or in a nearby hotel. The only catch is that you need to let them take you on a tour of the community, show you a few houses and put you on the mailing list. Sometimes, though, if they have a nice rental unit on property, it is better than staying in a chain hotel, and it will give you a taste of living in the area. Do a google search for residential communities in the Leland area and you might come up with one or two.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-09-2008 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: signature violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina