U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM

7 posts, read 6,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IADtoSYR View Post
In regards to your children and registering for NHCSD schools, look at the list of required documentation and make sure that you HAVE everything BEFORE YOU LEAVE NEBRASKA. They require a Certified Birth Certificate with a RAISED SEAL. One of my children is fine as he was born in a state that issues this raised seal certificate. My other 2 children were born in a state that does NOT automatically issue certificates with these RAISED SEALS and it is going to take several weeks for these ordered certificates to arrive by mail...and it costs a lot. Would have been a lot cheaper if we could just walk into an office and request them...not an option.
I am the author of this post...cannot edit or add to the post. Just wanted to add that I WAS actually able to use the original watermarked birth certificates that my other 2 children had, as opposed to the "raised seal" that is required and noted all over the place on the school's registration page. HUGE relief!!! I wish they would have just stated ORIGINAL birth certificate instead of requiring a raised seal, as not all states offer a raised seal on their birth certificates. HTH...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:04 PM

9 posts, read 16,889 times
Wow... another huge thanks to all of u. This is so very helpful. We plan on moving ourselves. Downsizing a lot!! Every one is so excited about getting there. I guess now the hubby and I talk about commute and the best area to live. The main reason CBNC was we somewhat knew the area!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 PM

We were out for 2 weeks back in February and are definitely making the mive! Boys wantto wait until after their ggraduation, so it may be 3 years before we make our move! Looking at getting preapproved for a home n buying soon!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:21 PM

Now that moving is in hold for at least a year our niece will be staying in Nebraska to finish her schooling!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Sorry its been awhile, but we canmot wait to move! Carolina beach/ kure beach is a must move area! However husband and I must review all info that was provided! Thanks again!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,464,217 times
I recently left Kure to move to Orlando for husband's work.

I miss it and am envious of your move! Hope it all goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or