Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,999 times

Advertisements

So homes are selling around the area you think?I am cruzing around the net trying to post my home on every site known to man so I can sell and get out of here.We have a job waiting on us in Ca. and our home is in River Bend NC "New Bern" great area and lots to do but duty calls.
Does anyone know any good ways to sell online?I am going at it FSBO so I can drop the price. A 4 bedroom,2full bath on the golf course in River Bend and we just did so many up grades it is unreal like storm windows,roof,floors, paint etc. letting it go for 199,000 and 2,000 to the buyer to finish replacing the floor.Do you thin kthat will go?
If anyone can help me out with where to post please email me at freeone9@hotmail.com
Thanks Patricia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 AM

9 posts, read 51,740 times
Default Brunswick Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee2south View Post
Anyone who purchases property close to the coast, especially in NC, will reap substantial long term rewards. The days of buying and flipping are over. I am finding that sellers in the Brunswick county coastal area, have decided they can afford to wait until the market picks up, rather than bail, unless they are in a foreclosure situation. This will keep the market healthy, and price's will tend to increase rather than fall. There are still deals here, compared to up north. Timing and location is everything in Real Estate. Shoulda, coulda, woulda?, what better time than now to buy, take the leap. Prices in this area have increased over 7%, not bad for an investment, and a wonderful quality of life.
Brunswick County just came in as the #14 fastest growing county in the whole nation, up from 29th the year before. This is the link a real estate agent sent me on the area. Brunswick, Pender expanding fast | StarNewsOnline.com | Star-News | Wilmington, NC
Sales numbers are down from past years, and people who bought a couple of years ago got payment incentives from a lot of the developers and are just now starting to have to make mortgage payments or are going from interest only loans to principal and interest. A lot of them thought they could flip before big payments kicked in, and are now starting to default. Foreclosures are going up, so some really great deals should start popping up. If I had the cash, I would definitely be buying real estate in Brunswick Co. before the market starts turning back around. It's definitely a buyer's market right now and will continue to be for a while.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM

6 posts, read 37,814 times
Default Shoreline drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaO View Post
So homes are selling around the area you think?I am cruzing around the net trying to post my home on every site known to man so I can sell and get out of here.We have a job waiting on us in Ca. and our home is in River Bend NC "New Bern" great area and lots to do but duty calls.
Does anyone know any good ways to sell online?I am going at it FSBO so I can drop the price. A 4 bedroom,2full bath on the golf course in River Bend and we just did so many up grades it is unreal like storm windows,roof,floors, paint etc. letting it go for 199,000 and 2,000 to the buyer to finish replacing the floor.Do you thin kthat will go?
If anyone can help me out with where to post please email me at freeone9@hotmail.com
Thanks Patricia
Patricia,
Moderator cut: tos violation to the slowdown up North we have been impacted greatly. I know the comps of the area, as they have dropped, despite over priced homes still on the market due to not lowering the prices---FSBO or no FSBO things need to be priced right. I drove by your house and without seeing the inside you might want to think about the $179,000 price range unless you want to stay for a while. If you tell me how the inside of your house looks that can make a difference. I could be off $10,000 but that is not much in todays market as the slide has been getting deeper. Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2008 at 09:59 PM..

Old 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM

51 posts, read 159,628 times
We bought property in Rivers Edge in Shallotte Brunswick county 4 years ago. I can sell the lot today for close to 3 times what we paid. Hope to build a new home on the property within the next 5 years.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,004,685 times
Hey NJDave, Are lots actually selling in Rivers Edge now? We own one in another Coastal Community development and can't tell if they are selling well at this time. We are not thinking about selling but thinking about buying another one.
Thanks for any info you have
jj

Old 12-11-2007, 06:37 PM

I surf the web and hit on some NC realty sites and notice that there are some lots for sale in Rivers Edge. I don't know if they are selling as fast as they were 4 years ago when we bought our lot, but I do know that they are asking from 190,000 to 230,000 and higher depending on the location in the community. These prices are for DIRT only. There are some homes and town houses for sale also. Rivers Edge is a great place.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,004,685 times
Rivers Edge is a really nice development and has a well rated golf course (we are golfers). I pretty much know what the asking prices are but wonder what the "getting" prices are? I've heard from a couple of realtors that sellers are holding firm with their prices, with the thought that interest in the area is still strong.
Just wondering.
Where are you in Jersey?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM

I live in Clark,NJ Exit 135. I think that the prices at Rivers Edge get pretty close to asking price because of the size of the community. Also the location to the shopping areas are less then 1 mile away and the community beach house at Holden Beach is only 12 miles away. If you are ever in the Rivers Edge area, go and check out how the community is building up. We were there in April of this year for a property owners meeting and wish that we had bought 2 properties back in 2003. OH WELL !

Old 01-19-2008, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,999 times
Default Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
Patricia, Moderator cut: referring quote has been edited
I did not ask you for the price of my home.It was apr. at 240,000.00 about 10months ago so 199,000.00 asking is not a bad deal and giving 2,000.00 to the finishing of the floors,upgrades and remodeling,all app.
I asked if there was any web pages you all could help me in posting my home on.
I do have a few months to kill here so know real hurry.
I will stay here as long as it takes to get more than your 179,000 for my home!
What is your name so I know not to waste my time when I go to put it on the market at the end of the month!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2008 at 10:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina