U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 10:16 AM

452 posts, read 2,127,146 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any good restaurant suggestions for Ocean Isle Beach or Sunset Beach, or actually for that matter--all of Brunswick County NC? I am familiar enough with what's north or south but am having a hard time finding something within the county besides the fast food or few same old-same-old restaurants.

Anyone know a good pizza place that won't taste like the chains (Pizza Hut, Dominoes, etc? ) It seems like there are a few others, I wonder which ones are good and if any of them make good NY style pizza.

Also anyone have any comments about any of the local restaurants, which ones are good? I'm used to being in Charlotte where there's plenty open late, it's an adjustment to be here where everything closes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 AM

4,299 posts, read 13,638,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
Anyone have any good restaurant suggestions for Ocean Isle Beach or Sunset Beach, or actually for that matter--all of Brunswick County NC? I am familiar enough with what's north or south but am having a hard time finding something within the county besides the fast food or few same old-same-old restaurants.

Anyone know a good pizza place that won't taste like the chains (Pizza Hut, Dominoes, etc? ) It seems like there are a few others, I wonder which ones are good and if any of them make good NY style pizza.

Also anyone have any comments about any of the local restaurants, which ones are good? I'm used to being in Charlotte where there's plenty open late, it's an adjustment to be here where everything closes.
Brunswick county is a sleepy beach type atmosphere. That's my opinion anyway. For a pretty casual seafood type place, try Provisions at Holden Beach. Angelos Italian restaurant(outstanding! Try the chicken and shrimp rustica) in Shallotte not for Pizza though. The Pizza is not good there. Chainti South outside of little River. Joey O's for Pizza Ocean Isle Beach. I'll post if I can think of something else. You might like the Restuarant and atmosphere at Rivers Edge Golf Club also in Shallotte.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:09 PM

103 posts, read 852,012 times
I used to live in Ocean Isle Beach, and the hurricanes destroyed our beach house. The island is losing acreage every year. It is fun to visit, but I never thought there was much out there.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,638,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Daisy View Post
I used to live in Ocean Isle Beach, and the hurricanes destroyed our beach house. The island is losing acreage every year. It is fun to visit, but I never thought there was much out there.

The ocean and a few places that's it.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 PM

103 posts, read 852,012 times
Exactly! It is a very quiet little town and charming.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 AM

36,834 posts, read 16,078,499 times
Check this link.

2 of my best are Christopher's and Joey O's

Old 11-13-2007, 10:32 AM

36,834 posts, read 16,078,499 times
Sorry, forgot the link:
Results for*"Pizza"* (1 - 21 of 27)*~*pizza Ocean Isle NC*~*Simple Search ~ Perform business searches on WhitePages.com Yellow Pages

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM

53 posts, read 182,145 times
Is there a nude beach in Bird Island, someone told me that?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,329,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonhawk View Post
Is there a nude beach in Bird Island, someone told me that?
Public nudity is illegal in NC.

I guess some people used it as a nude beach because it is pretty isolated.
No birthday suits, just bathing suits for Bird Island | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

Oh and our favourite restaurant is the Grapevine in Calabash!
http://www.myrtlebeachscrestaurants....-Calabash.html

Last edited by jerseyj; 11-01-2010 at 03:17 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,356,154 times
My fave restaurant is Beach Drive Diner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina