U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM

581 posts, read 1,328,060 times

Advertisements

Please advice if there are any East/Asian Indian Grocery Store in Wilmington, NC? If so could you provide the name/address. If not, could you let me know the closest Indian Grocery store.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 06:26 PM

11,251 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
Please advice if there are any East/Asian Indian Grocery Store in Wilmington, NC? If so could you provide the name/address. If not, could you let me know the closest Indian Grocery store.
The closest one is probably in Fayetteville according to this list: Indian Grocery/Food Stores in North Carolina

Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 PM

364 posts, read 552,967 times
The Saigon market at 4507 Franklin Ave is supposed to also have Indian specialities. I haven't checked them out, though.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 28 days ago)

58,180 posts, read 40,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna25 View Post
The Saigon market at 4507 Franklin Ave is supposed to also have Indian specialities. I haven't checked them out, though.
Saigon Market is mainly Oriental/Hispanic and is expanding into middle eastern specialties. However many of the spices they sell are from an Indian specialty company in Flushing NY so probably a good source for spices, rice, curry powders, etc. at excellent prices.

It's a family owned business staffed by some very helpful folks and I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys cooking, guaranteed you will find things you've never heard of and enjoy the challenge of finding ways to use them.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
You can buy ANYTHING you want from Amazon. Some spices will ship with other orders, but I recently have restocked with Garam Masala, Coriander, Cumin, Ground Cardamon, etc etc. Also got some "REAL" basmati rice..the kind that comes in the zipper bag...PILDA or something like that. The spices came with a sheet of all available spices...mind blowing. If it is not available, then you don't need it. Delivered to the door.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 AM

581 posts, read 1,328,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
You can buy ANYTHING you want from Amazon. Some spices will ship with other orders, but I recently have restocked with Garam Masala, Coriander, Cumin, Ground Cardamon, etc etc. Also got some "REAL" basmati rice..the kind that comes in the zipper bag...PILDA or something like that. The spices came with a sheet of all available spices...mind blowing. If it is not available, then you don't need it. Delivered to the door.

For most of the items I looked in Amazon... the shipping price exceeds the price of the item... If they mention the shipping is free... the actual price seems to be more than the combined price of the item and the shipping price

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:40 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
For most of the items I looked in Amazon... the shipping price exceeds the price of the item... If they mention the shipping is free... the actual price seems to be more than the combined price of the item and the shipping price

Thanks!
I hate going to stores and dealing with "salespeople" so almost all my shopping is with AMAZON. I am a PRIME kind of guy, free shipping. It pays for itself within a week or two. 2 day service on many items, though some smaller spices are required to be shipped together.

You would about spend 1/2 the cost of PRIME driving to Fayetteville and back. Throw in lunch, and you are there!

good luck.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:58 AM

5,875 posts, read 8,844,301 times
As others mentioned, you can probably get what you need at Saigon Market so no need to drive to Fayetteville. In fact, if you find that Saigon doesn't carry something you want, they'll probably get it for you and start carrying it. GREAT place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina