U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,963,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
LMAO your funny

but I must tell you Charlotte hasn't changed much since you left...You can have a beer I will have a glass of Sweet Red Wine....
Ha!!!

Better than Sweet Tea in my book.....

Ballantyne area has spread out quite a bit though.. My 2 kids now 28 and 26 decided to stay in Charlotte. Can't blame them. New Jersey no different than Iowa in their minds.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
We lived in Manalapan and Millstone Township and Jackson I see your in Tinton Falls!!

Good Luck back to the South
Know the area well... Yup, in Northern TF near Red Bank and Shrewsbury.... Closer drive to the Seastreak Ferry. Nice commute to Wall Street but 655.00 a month. Crazeeeeee...........

Heading down to Sunset Beacj for a weeks vacation Sept 21. I pray for no hurricanes...

Weather channel said this am still predicting 13 for this year. I decided to take out the hurricane Ins for the rental this year after weeks of browbeating from the wifecerous......

Keep our fingers crossed.....

Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,791,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Know the area well... Yup, in Northern TF near Red Bank and Shrewsbury.... Closer drive to the Seastreak Ferry. Nice commute to Wall Street but 655.00 a month. Crazeeeeee...........

Heading down to Sunset Beacj for a weeks vacation Sept 21. I pray for no hurricanes...

Weather channel said this am still predicting 13 for this year. I decided to take out the hurricane Ins for the rental this year after weeks of browbeating from the wifecerous......

Keep our fingers crossed.....
Fingers Crossed my sister lives in Staten Island thank goodness she directly wasn't affected by sandy but everyone she knows was...NJ and Iowa? lol My son doesn't want to go back to NJ EVER...He wants to head to Florida...lol but has a few other colleges in Mind now so we will see...

Did your kids attend college here in Charlotte?

Old 08-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Fingers Crossed my sister lives in Staten Island thank goodness she directly wasn't affected by sandy but everyone she knows was...NJ and Iowa? lol My son doesn't want to go back to NJ EVER...He wants to head to Florida...lol but has a few other colleges in Mind now so we will see...

Did your kids attend college here in Charlotte?
No, my son went to NC State in Raleigh, daughter works for Hospital in Charlotte. They came up for Christmas in 2010 when the day after Christmas we had 32 inches of snow. Stranded for 3 days because snow plows never came down our block.......

Priceless.....

Old 08-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
No, my son went to NC State in Raleigh, daughter works for Hospital in Charlotte. They came up for Christmas in 2010 when the day after Christmas we had 32 inches of snow. Stranded for 3 days because snow plows never came down our block.......

Priceless.....
Priceless is right...lol

My son is looking into UNCW-NC STATE although I do not think they have the program he wants...he is looking in Georgian Court in NJ and possibly Georgia State University in Atlanta...he needs to keep his options open..UNC Charlotte has a good program but he really does not want to attend as it is a Sister School to the community college he is attending for the next year or 2...

Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Priceless is right...lol

My son is looking into UNCW-NC STATE although I do not think they have the program he wants...he is looking in Georgian Court in NJ and possibly Georgia State University in Atlanta...he needs to keep his options open..UNC Charlotte has a good program but he really does not want to attend as it is a Sister School to the community college he is attending for the next year or 2...
Well for whatever its worth UNCC is a very very good school. This year they have the start of their Football program too. In state tuition is very affordable compared to him attending Georgia court in NJ or Georgia State I would assume. UNCW beautiful, close to the beach too. NC State in Raleigh very good choice and part of the NC College network where in state tuition is very affordable for residents of NC.
If possible try to direct him to one of the 3 in state schools. All very good and close to home but away from home as well....

Old 08-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Well for whatever its worth UNCC is a very very good school. This year they have the start of their Football program too. In state tuition is very affordable compared to him attending Georgia court in NJ or Georgia State I would assume. UNCW beautiful, close to the beach too. NC State in Raleigh very good choice and part of the NC College network where in state tuition is very affordable for residents of NC.
If possible try to direct him to one of the 3 in state schools. All very good and close to home but away from home as well....
yes I agree they are good schools, Although he really doesn't want to attend UNCC...

Old 08-31-2018, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 220 times
Jews are such a small minority with deep history of persecution. It is nice to know we are not alone and that we can befriend people of similar values and beliefs.
Nothing wrong with that. Our holidays are separate from the masses and celebrating them can be very lonely without a Jewish community with which to share them.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:06 PM

394 posts, read 239,640 times
In addition to Minyan, it becomes very difficult to keep a physical place of worship "alive" without a critical mass. Temples/synagogues (except for Chabad's) are not supported by an umbrella organization the way some other religious entities are. Everything from hiring a rabbi to turning on the lights and sweeping the floors comes out of the pockets of the membership. Without members, the doors stay shut and the lights stay off. We've been looking at another nearby community, but with less than 100 families, it looks like that community's only Jewish congregation is struggling. They do not have a rabbi, only have services once a week, and do not have a religious school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina