Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,142 times

Advertisements

Just received the Ocean Ridge Plantation Newsletter - there are 30 homes under construction currently? Things seem like they are really picking up! Anyone else feel this way?? We just purchased our lot and I have a feeling we really lucked out and got a good lot at the rock bottom price. Let's hope that better stores and other amenities are coming to this area now, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
If newsletter was electronic could you forward to me at jtf51irish@aol.com

thx

Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,133 times
Go to www.ormaonline.org Ocean Ridge HOA site.

Last edited by caco54; 08-06-2013 at 01:39 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 02:59 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
This recent video, hosted by Terry Bradshaw "Today in America" features Ocean Isle Beach.

Town of Ocean Isle Beach, NC Featured on Today in America TV - YouTube

How sweet is that?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Thank you very much, appreciate the quick reply......

Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 AM

Biscman, I believe I am in the same boat as you, torn between OR and SJP. I see positives in both but have 2-3 more years before I will declare a winner. I intend to rent for a period, easy at SJP not so sure about OR.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Biscman, I believe I am in the same boat as you, torn between OR and SJP. I see positives in both but have 2-3 more years before I will declare a winner. I intend to rent for a period, easy at SJP not so sure about OR.
Yes, we are in the same boat. I have narrowed it down to OR and SJP. Both have tons of positives and very few negatives. I agree on the Rental before purchase piece, probably a very smart move no matter which one we select. All i know is I want out of the Jersey "state of mind"!!

I decided to pay off my mortgage 3 months ago and I still have to put aside $1300.00 a month for quarterly Real Estate Tax bills. I am dreading Labor Day because i know what follows in 45 days!!!

I understand the building is really pickijng up in both of these plantations. Great for the economy down there.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Next question will be to build or buy. I have built twice (NJ and PA) and I am not sure I want to go through that again. Many of the re sales meet my general specs like open floor plan, master on the ground floor etc. I also believe that some of the "early birds" grabbed some of the best properties. With what I spent on window treatments and landscaping on the last home I could have sent a kid to college for a year! Once again I have time and as much as there is an increase in activity I don't see prices running away down there. Good luck and let's keep each other and all the posters abreast of our thoughts.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Yes, we are in the same boat. I have narrowed it down to OR and SJP. Both have tons of positives and very few negatives. I agree on the Rental before purchase piece, probably a very smart move no matter which one we select. All i know is I want out of the Jersey "state of mind"!!

I decided to pay off my mortgage 3 months ago and I still have to put aside $1300.00 a month for quarterly Real Estate Tax bills. I am dreading Labor Day because i know what follows in 45 days!!!

I understand the building is really pickijng up in both of these plantations. Great for the economy down there.

Biscman - I understand!!! If we had our Mt. Laurel home paid off today (which is certainly is NOT) I would still need $1100 a MONTH for real estate taxes!! yikes!!

Old 08-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Next question will be to build or buy. I have built twice (NJ and PA) and I am not sure I want to go through that again. Many of the re sales meet my general specs like open floor plan, master on the ground floor etc. I also believe that some of the "early birds" grabbed some of the best properties. With what I spent on window treatments and landscaping on the last home I could have sent a kid to college for a year! Once again I have time and as much as there is an increase in activity I don't see prices running away down there. Good luck and let's keep each other and all the posters abreast of our thoughts.

Caco54 - We have been doing research and even though we are 5+ years out from living in ORP - we are finding out that most custom builders are around $175 - $225 sq. ft. for custom for our lot which needs a 2500 sq. ft. home on it. Yikes!!! We just may have to go as simple as we can and do a lot of the 'finish work' ourselves I think.....hubby is extremely handy and does great finishing work - actually can make furniture, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina