U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 01:47 PM

562 posts, read 933,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
I dunno... I do not feel isolated one little bit.

It has been said before, but when we lived in that other state, you know, New Jersey, we were about 20 miles to the Short Hills Mall ( a biggy ) .... 22 miles to the Bridgewater Mall ( another biggy ) and exactly 23 miles from our driveway to the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel to get into Manhattan.... and most of the time each of those trips took us LONGER during the day to drive than the 35 miles to South College Road in Wilmington.... in slow traffic and on the broken up highways up there.

On Sunday we went over to the Battleship parking lot for the Port City Rib Festival Port City RibFest a bodacious assortment of ribs and stuff. Easy ride on a smooth as glass highway, they didn't have a rib festival in Union County, NJ.

Isolated ? Never thought of it... not for a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Wilmington is New Hanover County, not Brunswick County. This is the third time this has been brought up in the past week. I think people are starting to see thorugh the resort living and the sales pitch that the Brunswick County developments use (as far as externally selling off of Wilmington's amenities) and realizing how isolating it can be in Brunswick County.
I'm just really gonna miss my Wegman's Food Store - all those from NJ or NY know exactly what I am talking about!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 PM

784 posts, read 1,636,099 times
Yep.... no bout a doubt it, Wegmans is pretty nice stuff, BUT they are not here and I don't think they are a comin' neither, so there's no sense in wishing for it. We have adjusted and the lbs we put on is a testament to the fact that they have pretty good chow down here everywhere we go. We honestly don't miss a thing from NJ.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM

562 posts, read 933,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Yep.... no bout a doubt it, Wegmans is pretty nice stuff, BUT they are not here and I don't think they are a comin' neither, so there's no sense in wishing for it. We have adjusted and the lbs we put on is a testament to the fact that they have pretty good chow down here everywhere we go. We honestly don't miss a thing from NJ.

I did send an email to Wegmans from their corporate website and suggested they look into the Wilmington, NC area as so many people who had Wegmans up North would love to continue to shop there! They answered me today and told me they are starting to head South!! Next year will be an opening of a Wegmans in Charlottesville, VA and 'we will send your suggestion of opening in Brunswick County - ' to the head of their Real Estate Division! Sometimes ya just gotta ask!!!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,966,557 times
You go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,045,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
we will send your suggestion of opening in Brunswick County - ' to the head of their Real Estate Division! Sometimes ya just gotta ask!!!
I did that for a Pep Boys in Greenville. 6 years ago. Still no Pep Boys although O'Reilly Auto Parts thought it was nice enough to open 2 stores here. We're also still waiting for our Costco and The Home Depot pulled out of town a few years ago. Such a shame.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 AM

Theres no cotsco or Home Depot down there?? What about in Wilmington or Myrtle Beach somewhere??

Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM

720 posts, read 1,486,436 times
Although I love Target, Kohl's and Homegoods etc.------I hate to think of the intersection at 211/Midway becoming a traffic nightmare. I rather like the spare look of it.
As soon to be retirees we'll have all the time in the world to travel for shopping. But I do understand why young families/working people would like some close by shopping.
A closer drugstore would be nice (we live in RRP)

Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,045,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Theres no cotsco or Home Depot down there?? What about in Wilmington or Myrtle Beach somewhere??
I believe there are in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Greenville is a pretty good drive from either location. Wilmington is a 2 hour and 15 minute trip.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,341,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
biscman, there are Coscos in Myrtle Beach and Wilmington.

There are Home Depots in MB, North MB, Murrells Inlet, Shallotte and Wilmington.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Very good, need my Home Depot and Cotsco. Although I do spend too much money at these 2 places.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina