Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 AM

605 posts, read 1,256,118 times

Advertisements

Moving to Brunwick County in maybe 5+ years - already own a lot in Ocean Ridge Plantation. Especially for the Northern Transplants - what retail establishment do you wish they would build? Living either at St. James Plantation or Ocean Ridge - you need to drive to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington for the 'good stores'. Personally, I wish for a WEGMANS FOOD OR A HOMEGOODS. What are YOUR thughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,497,949 times
Harris Teeter, Cotsco, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Marshals.Steinmart........

That would keep the wifecerous very happy while I'm on the golf courses.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Harris Teeter, Cotsco, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Marshals.Steinmart........

That would keep the wifecerous very happy while I'm on the golf courses.
Boy, Marshals if not a HomeGoods would be fabulous!! Harris Teeter is almost as good as Wegmans, but boy would I miss Wegmans - I should email corporate and tell them to build one! hee hee hee

Old 08-13-2013, 10:28 AM

805 posts, read 2,001,295 times
That's strange..... Harris Teeter, Costco, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Marshalls, Steinmart and Homegoods are ALL open in Wilmington right now.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,497,949 times
I think she meant "closer" to SJP and OR than Wilmington. Good news is they have them in Wilmington....

Old 08-13-2013, 10:56 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,888,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
That's strange..... Harris Teeter, Costco, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Marshalls, Steinmart and Homegoods are ALL open in Wilmington right now.

Wilmington is New Hanover County, not Brunswick County. This is the third time this has been brought up in the past week. I think people are starting to see thorugh the resort living and the sales pitch that the Brunswick County developments use (as far as externally selling off of Wilmington's amenities) and realizing how isolating it can be in Brunswick County.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,039,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Wilmington is New Hanover County, not Brunswick County. This is the third time this has been brought up in the past week. I think people are starting to see thorugh the resort living and the sales pitch that the Brunswick County developments use (as far as externally selling off of Wilmington's amenities) and realizing how isolating it can be in Brunswick County.
Those stores are also in Myrtle Beach, another County (Horry) and another State!

Brunswick Co. is a virtual wasteland when it comes to popular chain type retail.

Interesting, though, retail developers are starting to look at Brunswick Co.
Retail developers to tour Brunswick sites

Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM

805 posts, read 2,001,295 times
I dunno... I do not feel isolated one little bit.

It has been said before, but when we lived in that other state, you know, New Jersey, we were about 20 miles to the Short Hills Mall ( a biggy ) .... 22 miles to the Bridgewater Mall ( another biggy ) and exactly 23 miles from our driveway to the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel to get into Manhattan.... and most of the time each of those trips took us LONGER during the day to drive than the 35 miles to South College Road in Wilmington.... in slow traffic and on the broken up highways up there.

On Sunday we went over to the Battleship parking lot for the Port City Rib Festival http://www.portcityribfest.com/2013Home.html a bodacious assortment of ribs and stuff. Easy ride on a smooth as glass highway, they didn't have a rib festival in Union County, NJ.

Isolated ? Never thought of it... not for a moment.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
I think she meant "closer" to SJP and OR than Wilmington. Good news is they have them in Wilmington....
Quote:
sorry - should have clarified - what stores closer than Wilmington or Myrtle is what I meant. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I dunno... I do not feel isolated one little bit.

It has been said before, but when we lived in that other state, you know, New Jersey, we were about 20 miles to the Short Hills Mall ( a biggy ) .... 22 miles to the Bridgewater Mall ( another biggy ) and exactly 23 miles from our driveway to the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel to get into Manhattan.... and most of the time each of those trips took us LONGER during the day to drive than the 35 miles to South College Road in Wilmington.... in slow traffic and on the broken up highways up there.

On Sunday we went over to the Battleship parking lot for the Port City Rib Festival Port City RibFest a bodacious assortment of ribs and stuff. Easy ride on a smooth as glass highway, they didn't have a rib festival in Union County, NJ.

Isolated ? Never thought of it... not for a moment.
I still need a WEGMAN's Food store though!! hee hee hee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina