U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 06:53 AM

51 posts, read 135,888 times

Advertisements

We are planning to build a new home soon. We saw the new model home that Bill Clark has built at SJP. It was a nice home and looked to be well built. Can anyone tell me about their experience with Bill Clark homebuilders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetoutofNJDave View Post
We are planning to build a new home soon. We saw the new model home that Bill Clark has built at SJP. It was a nice home and looked to be well built. Can anyone tell me about their experience with Bill Clark homebuilders?
I know you were looking for specific experience with Bill Clark Homes. However, I am just curious how well they do with a luxury home in SJP, as they have always had the image of being a budget home builder. For example, see this in Shalotte: Rourk Woods Patio Homes - New Home Plans Shallotte NC

Do they really do a good job with the model in SJP, or are they just slapping on luxury finishes? I frankly don't understand the difference between their standard Claremont II model advertised as starting at $228,000 and the model in SJP priced at $465,000: http://www.billclarkhomes.com/homes-...n/floor_plans/

Do they have upgrades worth that much, or are they inflating the price because it is SJP? If it is the house at 2642 Parkridge Drive, I don't see what makes it worth $194/SF, compared to other similar-sized houses in the Wilmington area. Compare this similar model at about $100/sf in Surf City: http://www.billclarkhomes.com/homes-...-Landing/Lanai

I think you should compare Bill Clark Homes with what is available from other builders.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-30-2013 at 12:36 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,275 times
Bill Clark homes are also being built in Ocean Isle Beach, NC @ Sunset Ridge....we are having a home built there now & they are very good homes. This is a great community (with hoa's) and at a reasonable price ($250,00)...seems like everyone is from the northeast.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:42 AM

81 posts, read 155,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I know you were looking for specific experience with Bill Clark Homes. However, I am just curious how well they do with a luxury home in SJP, as they have always had the image of being a budget home builder. For example, see this in Shalotte: Rourk Woods Patio Homes - New Home Plans Shallotte NC

Do they really do a good job with the model in SJP, or are they just slapping on luxury finishes? I frankly don't understand the difference between their standard Claremont II model advertised as starting at $228,000 and the model in SJP priced at $465,000: Bill Clark Homes - New Home Builder and Real Estate Developer

Do they have upgrades worth that much, or are they inflating the price because it is SJP? If it is the house at 2642 Parkridge Drive, I don't see what makes it worth $194/SF, compared to other similar-sized houses in the Wilmington area. Compare this similar model at about $100/sf in Surf City: Bill Clark Homes - New Home Builder and Real Estate Developer

I think you should compare Bill Clark Homes with what is available from other builders.
My guess is that the SJP home you are linking to is that specific home on that specific lot. It's a done deal. The lower prices listed on the Bill Clark website are just for houses. No lot included.

We met with Brea at Bill Clark and we really liked her. I really liked several of the floor plans but, as I have mentioned on other threads, we are not dazzled with the finishes offered by the builder. For example, there are so many beautiful granite, marble, even Quartz choices available. It's very frustrating to br limited to less than what I can get at Home Depot.

I already own a lot in SJP.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:39 AM

383 posts, read 742,634 times
My only advice is that you have the quote for the home outline everything in writing. If something is included, it should be clearly spelled out in a building addendum. Do not take the Salesperson's word. Get it in writing!

Old 01-02-2016, 10:59 AM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanevada View Post
We met with Brea at Bill Clark and we really liked her. I really liked several of the floor plans but, as I have mentioned on other threads, we are not dazzled with the finishes offered by the builder. For example, there are so many beautiful granite, marble, even Quartz choices available. It's very frustrating to br limited to less than what I can get at Home Depot.

I already own a lot in SJP.
Depending on your budget, you might be better off with one of the smaller custom builders. I don't have experience with them, but Crane, Isenhour and Satterwhite sound like small family firms. Barker and Canady say they have a decorator on staff to help with colors and selections. These firms are all in the St James Builders Guild.

Bill Clark is more like a regional production builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina