Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
....every other direction (17 corridor) is getting built up because of access to beaches.
The 50/53 corner called Maple Hill is still fairly quiet. The raise corn, cotton and blueberries near there, IRR, rather than hogs or turkeys. Down 53 toward Beulahville, there are large cattle feedlots.

I still think a vegan, Asian family is going to be so exceptional out in the country, that they will be quite isolated. They will be surrounded by people who eat meat and don't understand their diet choice. Maybe they could join a local church, and hope they find other home-schooling families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM

522 posts, read 1,855,753 times
We do plan to get-together with other home-school families and definitely find a church. I'm going to end up printing off this thread so when I get boots on ground in Wilmington i'll have an idea of the area we need to look at.

Im (well mostly my wife) is on zillow alot and she's the one looking around but would like to get eyes on before I make any final decision. Thanks again for all the good feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina