U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 8,125 times

Advertisements

[quote=littlelou2;17734555]Wow! I was so excited to move into the area....you guys are killing me...it seems so nice and close to everything. I was looking for a place that reminds me of my hometown, Red Bank. Wilmington seems to be the place and Brunswick seemed to have the amenities I was looking for...Love to here more, also was looking at Compasse Point. Anyone know anything about that community? Good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM

149 posts, read 517,781 times
Littlelou, I would take every thing you read here with a grain of salt. I'm from northern NJ and I will give you my take on Compass Pointe. I bought a lot there 2 years ago for a retirement home. I think they are a bit behind where they had hoped to be, due to the economy and bureaucratic red tape, but things are progressing. I was there last month and I can tell you there are about 50-60 homes completed, many of them occupied. They have just put in the swimming pool for the amenity center. Irrigation is being put in for the golf course. I'm told the amenity center will completed by this summer and the golf course is scheduled to be open by late 2012. The lot I bought 2 years ago would probably cost 5-10 thousand more now. When the amenity center is completed I would expect the price to increase and again when the golf course is completed. I like the location because it's not too congested but has shopping centers close by and Wilmington and all it has to offer is a short drive. The nearest beach is about 20-25 min. drive. I've driven from Wilmington to Compass Pointe during rush hour (left at 5PM) and it's not that bad. I will not be seeking work, but I do believe the common theme I've read here, that finding a job is very difficult. Hope I have been of some help.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:09 PM

120 posts, read 201,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou2 View Post
Does any one know if you can rent in Brunswick to see if you really like the area?
Brunswick Forest is typically owner occupied, but if someone has decided to rent their place, then the best way to find out that info would probably be a real estate agent. Many times, their offices will have one agent that handles all of the rentals, and they can provide you the details you desire.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to contact Brunswick Forest and see if they have any idea about possible homes looking for a renter.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,561 times
Navassa and Leland should welcome growth. LBH Properties will be building a senior community soon. With the aging population we embrace the new senior and the inclusive housing idea.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 PM

11 posts, read 22,865 times
Leland, and most of NE Brunswick County for that matter, are a soulless testament to the fact that America is becoming a placeless suburban mush. NOTHING about NC or even 'coastal' there. 'Michigan' lefts, Florida patio-homes, big box stores, drainage canals as 'amenities', chain restaurants galore (Applebees, anyone?), and no sense of collective planning or vision. It's a bunch of planned communities and strip centers linked by divided highways which all displaced wetlands & forest. Truly sad.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,561 times
Smile Lbh

I certainly hope our senior community will not be grouped with strip malls, and box stores. True, change is sometime hard to deal with, but our country is growing and the aging group growing fastest. As we live longer and in better health, a different type of community is needed in response to the changing senior population.

LBH does not plan to build and leave but become a part of the community by supporting the seniors, giving back to the community and provide transitional housing when needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina