U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 12,560 times

Advertisements

OK, there seems to be some mixed messages here and some untruths so here is a bit of overview on relocating to Leland!
First, half of the northeast is looking to move away from high taxes, snow ice and sleet, traffic, high cost of living. They want to be a long days drive from family still in the northeast, want to downsize yet upscale thier home, Do NOT want Florida, want a small city with things to do socially and professionaly! ( Sound familiar??????)

They have all found Coastal Wilmington/Leland area.

Wilmington is a small city of 100,000 and yes we have theater, museums, hostoric areas, boating, fishing , golf , shopping and cool trendy areas! So yes you will have a lot to do here....add the great beach (far different than a Jones beach or Jersey shore!!) and the activities/lifestyle that come with the intercoastal waterway and riverfront ... well you have PARADISE!!!

We have 4 seasons but wither is 3 weeks long it seems, once in a few years you MAY get the 1/4 inch snow and everything will shut down and make the papers!!! heheheheh In Winter you typically would be in the high 40s, dips to just below freezing at night... Look i dont even own an ice scrapper for the car!! Now that lasts 3 weeks.. then poooffff its Spring!...

The 411 on Leland. Yes, some 10 years ago Leland was not a hotspot in the area. Ummmm better rethink that now. Wilmington is built out and sometimes crowded ( traffic here is 20-30 cars at a red light vs the 3 hour commute on a standstill I-95 or L.I.Expswy!!) Leland is home to several new home communities and people are very attracted to them. One in particular is Brunswick Forest..
The front part of Brunswick Forest will have a shopping village with 14cinema mutliplex, hospital anex, Hampton Inn, BBT, CVS, Starbucks, Belks, shops and multiple restaurants.... all in the front part of the community with a trendy downtown village feel!!!!!...
Inside they have tons of ammenities like 75 miles of walking and biking trails, Wellness/Fitness center with multiple pools, Private 27holes of golf, river club, ocean front beach club ....Evryone says they want to do a lot more things when we relocate and at least this place offers it all as part of the home purchase!!!... hey they even do all your lanscape maint year round!!!!!!!!!

Houses are mostly brick, no maintenance start at 250s and go up depending on waht you looking for but these are NOT starter homes.. even at 250, they include granite, Stainless appliances, hardwoods, master suites and tiled master baths....Thats the townhomes... but WOWOOW you must take a look at the Florida Villa homes... what you would get for $439,000 would cost over 900,000 in westchester!!!! Stunning homes!!!
Moderator cut: TOS VIOLATION

IF anything... MOVE TO COASTAL NC... you will love it...

Paradise guy!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-18-2007 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 AM

9 posts, read 48,618 times
Default Sales postings

Yes, Leland is an up and coming area. My wife and I have been researching the area for a few years for our retirement home. Leland is just across the bridge from everything Wilmington has to offer, but it doesn't have the traffic, and the land prices are still reasonable.

One thing that bothers me about the last post though is that it's clearly from a sales guy. If you're a sales guy at a community, don't go posting on here like you're just anyone else. Go ahead and identify yourself instead of pretending to be some one who just happens to really like the community. We can all see right through it, especially those of us who have been shopping the last few years. Your pitch on the area is the same one that every other sales guy gives. It is true, but it is clearly part of your sales pitch. Try this next time:

I'm a salesperson for XYZ community, and I can tell you that people from up north are moving here in herds. <insert pitch>

You come across as honest and helpful. Who knows, someone may contact you to come shop your place.

As always, this is just my 2 cents and I'm not trying to attack anyone. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day.

Jim

Old 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 14,829 times
Hello,
I am looking at Brunswick forest. Do you live there? If so, is still as beautiful as you had said.
I would appreciate any and all info about the area, We have a 4 and a 6 year old.
Thank you so very much in advance.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:31 PM

2,109 posts, read 5,135,100 times
uhhh... the last thing I think local North Carolinians want are even MORE North easterners moving down here. I call bluff. You are indeed a salesperson or real estate guy.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:26 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
uhhh... the last thing I think local North Carolinians want are even MORE North easterners moving down here. I call bluff. You are indeed a salesperson or real estate guy.

really? you guys think he might be a salesman? really? it wasn't even a good sales pitch. does anyone else have a huge problem will all the spelling and grammatical errors as well? I hope the builders are more experienced than this attempted sales pitch or else these houses are going to fall apart in two years. I am surprised this person is allowed to post!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 AM

18 posts, read 93,121 times
Quote:
uhhh... the last thing I think local North Carolinians want are even MORE North easterners moving down here
Unfortunately, there's no stopping them from coming. At least a prerequisite to moving here should be that you have to live over the bridge (Leland). At least keep them out of the city limits. Then, we can change the name from "Leland" to something like "Little Jersey"....

Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 AM

4,597 posts, read 10,428,577 times
How amusing to log-into my old homestead, and find people griping about the newcomers! I don't want to be the one to have to break it to you, but. . . people want to relocate to the general coastal area for all of the same reasons most others want to live there.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that by 2025, more than 50% of the population in the US will be living within 50 miles of the US coasts. So, if you are there already, brace yourselves.

ALL of Brunswick County is slated to become the 'bedroom community' of Wilmington, and with good reason. Ten miles outside of Wilmington is still within easy easy driving to the Port City, and many are choosing to live in the new developments in Leland, and Winnabow -- some as far out as Shallotte. Just a drive down HWY 17 towards Myrtle Beach, SC, will clue you in as to what is planned, and already under construction.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you live in a desirable area. Others want IN.

I think you'd do well to 'welcome' them, myself. After all, something got you there. There are far more newcomers in the Wilmington area than there are natives and their families today.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,352,349 times
actually, many of these developments are on hold. people aren't moving here as fast as they were. several of the new developments have been shut down and have gone bankrupt. people are actually leaving here just as fast as they are moving here. look at the thickness of the local home guide. a lot of people are leaving because of the lack of decent jobs. as for the people moving here, well when it takes you 2 years to get an offer on your house and you get 60% of your asking price, then you see how much the real estate in wilmington has gone up, people stay put. as for the people leaving here, the novelty of living at the beach wears off when you realize that you don't go to the beach when you live here.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM

5 posts, read 48,467 times
Default wow

Wow, Let me start by saying I am a real estate broker in Wilmington and
I don't see the exodus you describe at all, I also don't see the 60% of asking, really more like 90-94% and time on market of 120 days...there is the exception where a seller thinks their home is the the absolute end all and prices it unrealistically, the contacts and inquiries I see weekly from folks looking to Wilmington for their next move continues to grow and grow,, no sales pitch here just a note from someone who lives it daily and after living all over the country, here in NC for the past 20 years tho, feels that Wilmington is a great location.... again not a sales pitch I spent 18 years in IT and based in RTP... escaped from there alive and with my sanity...and my flip flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
actually, many of these developments are on hold. people aren't moving here as fast as they were. several of the new developments have been shut down and have gone bankrupt. people are actually leaving here just as fast as they are moving here. look at the thickness of the local home guide. a lot of people are leaving because of the lack of decent jobs. as for the people moving here, well when it takes you 2 years to get an offer on your house and you get 60% of your asking price, then you see how much the real estate in wilmington has gone up, people stay put. as for the people leaving here, the novelty of living at the beach wears off when you realize that you don't go to the beach when you live here.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:24 AM

5 posts, read 48,467 times
Default Brunswick forest

In Leland/Brunswick Recommend looking at Waterford as well, especially with the 4 and 6 year olds, Waterford is a bit more built, about 5- 6 years along has the pools, clubhouse and quite a few families... same price range as Brunswick... good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by avg24 View Post
Hello,
I am looking at Brunswick forest. Do you live there? If so, is still as beautiful as you had said.
I would appreciate any and all info about the area, We have a 4 and a 6 year old.
Thank you so very much in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina