U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,665,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C.E 2007 View Post
His parents live in South Carolina and at 1 point, he too moved to SC. He was gone for a year and a half. He still did get the kids on his weekend, but why is it ok for him to move out of the state to seek better employment and not me?
His move didn't have a negative impact on the kids. He continued to have visitation with them on "his" weekends. He will no longer have "his" weekends with them if you move far away to California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 03:52 PM

4 posts, read 22,036 times
Default To move or not to move

Hello, I am currently living and PA. I was offered a position in the Wilmington that would really help us financially but I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter who really do not want to move. I need advice on if I should decline the position to make my kids happy or not. This move would help us tremendously because I would have my dream job and make a lot more money. My girls however are the most important things in my life. My 13 year old is in 8th grade and I know that is a hard age to pull away from friends and try to make new ones. Plus, my 8th grader is a very shy child with social anxiety and when I told her about possibly moving she got very worked up and depressed/afraid. My husband says we cannot let the kids run our lives but this is their health I am more concerned about. Any advice? Should I stay here and hope something comes up although for the past 5 years nothing has? Thanks

Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,850,472 times
Move. Your 13 year old would have been starting a new school anyway. If anything, she'll gain socially with the experience of moving. Whether she likes it or not. Plus she's 13 , she doesn't like anything anyway.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM
LLN

4,988 posts, read 8,793,524 times
No offense to the well meaning folks, but seeking legal advice on a forum, not to mention a custody issue ain't all that swift. Do you want to be the person, for the rest of your life, that is blamed or resented for taking kids away dad. Might not care now, well maybe I watch too much tv.

Good luck. Hard decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina