U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 AM

647 posts, read 1,035,692 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on Cambridge Crossings located in Southport NC? I found their web site, but there's no information on prices, how built out it is, really just any information available. It looks like the homes are quite nice but not out of sight price wise, and I really liked the location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 AM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Does anyone have any information on Cambridge Crossings located in Southport NC? I found their web site, but there's no information on prices, how built out it is, really just any information available. It looks like the homes are quite nice but not out of sight price wise, and I really liked the location.
Did you happen to see this article? Abandoned Neighborhood - Cambridge Crossing, Southport, NC

I would be cautious about getting a home that has been left to weather for several years. At least get an inspection for mold and odors. However, if you get a new unit, the location is great. I checked Zillow.com which picks up the assessed value of the existing units at Cambridge Cove, and they run $147K to $240K, depending on size. I'd expect new units to be a bit more.

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-27-2013 at 09:20 AM..

Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM

I did read the article about the community being abandoned. However, in 2009 (I think), the houses that were builts were razed and made into mulch, so all the building since then appears to have been on new houses not remodeled existing properties. Thanks for responding

Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 PM

784 posts, read 1,633,685 times
Well, as I drive by there going down Fish Factory Road a few times per week, I actually drove into Cambridge Crossings this afternoon. It doesn't look like very much to me, it is simply a large circular road around a small man made "pond" ( took about 1 minute to actually drive around the entire development ) with maybe a couple of dozen attached townhouse type units built and standing, doesn't look like anything new is going on and the standing units do not appear to be new in the past few years, there were cars in the driveways of some of the units but other than that it looks fairly abandoned ( development-wise ) with nothing going on, IMO. It also is quite a hike down the road to the South Harbor neighborhood and its' "very small and seemingly unused" pool that Cambridge Crossings' website advertises as usable by its' residents.... that is IF the two neighborhoods are actually "connected" in some way by ownership agreement, but definitely not physically. Looks like something I would steer clear of.... IMO.

However, Southport is a very nice place and there are maybe a dozen or more neighborhoods/developments scattered throughout Southport that are actually active, building and selling connected and/or single family detached homes and IMO better locations and in ALL different price ranges.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 AM

Stonecreek67, thank you so much for taking the time to drive through Cambridge Crossings. Amazing, isn't it how a website can make a development look outstanding when, in fact, it is not. I have just crossed it off our "maybe" list.

My daughter lives in Southport, and we've been there a few times and loved it. Kind of reminded me of Cape Cod, but it is out of the way. We'll be in North Myrtle Beach this winter (Barefoot Resort) and plan on looking at neighborhoods/real estate in NMB, Little river, and Southport.

Again, thank you for taking the time to do a drive through, much appreciated.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,738 times
Default Cambridge Crossings, Southport, NC

I wanted to chime in and update everyone on the exciting developments at Cambridge Crossings! If you haven't seen the project since this thread was last updated, you should definitely check it out. I am the project marketing director for the company that purchased the project in 2010. We've resurrected this development and it is now a thriving community! We are continuing to build new townhomes, and we just came out with three new floor plans that are all single-level designs! Here are the new floor plans:
Cambridge Crossings, Southport NC-blue-heron.jpg

Cambridge Crossings, Southport NC-sandpiper.jpg

Cambridge Crossings, Southport NC-seagull.jpg

If you are looking for a beautiful, easily maintained, single-story home in the Southport area, you should definitely check out Cambridge Crossings! Call Iris in our sales office at (910) 446-1170 to set up an appointment, or just stop by!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina