U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 6,511 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating from a college town in MO to Greenville. I understand that they are similar in terms of crime rates.

I'm looking to rent a 2bed/2bath house in a safer area (around $600-800). I have couple of fancy cars and definitely want a garage.

I was wondering if the following areas are considered "safer" in Greenville

1. 100 Haven Dr
2. 100 Lake rd

The other question would be - Which areas would you strongly recommend to avoid renting a house? Is there a detailed map I can find on the internet so that I can cross those areas out?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 PM

1,964 posts, read 2,555,354 times
Although its been diversifying some in recent years, a large portion of economic activity still focuses around the Univserity in Greenville.

Western and Northern Greenville are where much of the crime is. But keep in mind, depending on what you mean by "fancy", if a would be thief sees something that they want badly enough, they will follow to your house and steal it out of your garage no matter what part of town you live in. This happened to a friend of mine with a nice motorcycle.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:26 PM

372 posts, read 678,426 times
can anyone elaborate "western and northern" area on the areas that are not the greatest to live/rent in Greenville. Is it just a certain area in that direction? Thanks

Old 10-29-2013, 05:31 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydude View Post
can anyone elaborate "western and northern" area on the areas that are not the greatest to live/rent in Greenville. Is it just a certain area in that direction? Thanks
North of the River, following 264 bypass around to Greenville Blvd.

And "western" is from Uptown, south of the river, to the medical district to probably Greenville Blvd ish.

"Western" and "Northern" aren't official locations, but that is where to stay away.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM

3,323 posts, read 5,187,319 times
I won't say what this map is, but this is a good reference.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM

372 posts, read 678,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
North of the River, following 264 bypass around to Greenville Blvd.

And "western" is from Uptown, south of the river, to the medical district to probably Greenville Blvd ish.

"Western" and "Northern" aren't official locations, but that is where to stay away.
I realize that "Western" and "Northern" aren't official locations, but it is nice to have clarification. Thanks

Old 11-01-2013, 05:44 PM

978 posts, read 1,622,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspark107 View Post
I'm relocating from a college town in MO to Greenville. I understand that they are similar in terms of crime rates.

I'm looking to rent a 2bed/2bath house in a safer area (around $600-800). I have couple of fancy cars and definitely want a garage.

I was wondering if the following areas are considered "safer" in Greenville

1. 100 Haven Dr
2. 100 Lake rd

The other question would be - Which areas would you strongly recommend to avoid renting a house? Is there a detailed map I can find on the internet so that I can cross those areas out?
Any response would be highly appreciated.
Which town in MO. Interestingly enough, I moved from Greenville to Columbia, MO

Old 11-06-2013, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,511 times
At attrapereves

I'm moving from Columbia, MO to Greenville, NC!!! Haha!
Anyways, do you need a place to rent? I got one

Old 11-09-2013, 07:05 AM

978 posts, read 1,622,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspark107 View Post
At attrapereves

I'm moving from Columbia, MO to Greenville, NC!!! Haha!
Anyways, do you need a place to rent? I got one
My lease is up May 1. I'm not sure if I will be staying in Columbia, or moving somewhere else in MO. I finish my program in May and will hopefully have a job lined up before then.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:46 AM

155 posts, read 202,380 times
coming from mid mo it sounds like greenville is less progressive than Columbia MO. 30 years ago, my daughter moved to asutin, which was a moderate college town, and the growth in Columbia reminds me of Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina