U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM

130 posts, read 434,700 times

Advertisements

I have spent quite a bit of time looking through past threads on moving to the Wilmington area but none of them were right on point with what I am looking for so here goes...

Not too familiar with Wilmington but would be interested in the following (in ranked order):

- safe area
- new(er) construction (<5 years old)
- 20 or so minutes to the college (don't really care of location other than that)
- Max of $225,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM

11,250 posts, read 19,764,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley14 View Post
Not too familiar with Wilmington but would be interested in the following (in ranked order):

- safe area
- 20 or so minutes to the college (don't really care of location other than that)
- Max of $225,000
You might start with these builders:
New Homes, New Home Builder, New Homes for sale, Wilmington, Jacksonville, NC - Stevens Fine Homes
Real Estate Wilmington NC - Homes For Sale Wilmington NC - New Home Wilmington NC
New Houses For Sale in Wilmington, NC | D.R. Horton - D.R. Horton
and Wilmington NC New Homes | H&H Homes

Old 10-28-2013, 04:27 PM

11,250 posts, read 19,764,244 times
Quote:
20 or so minutes to the college (don't really care of location other than that)
- Max of $225,000
I'll leave it to you to do all the distance calculations. However, I liked the sound of Deer Crossing at the Steven Fine Homes web site. It's an "eco-community" off Myrtle Grove Road, about 22 minutes to UNCW. Prices start about $185K.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:13 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,198,481 times
Quote:
I have spent quite a bit of time looking through past threads on moving to the Wilmington area but none of them were right on point with what I am looking for so here goes...

- safe area
- Max of $225,000
since '08, no big residential developments have been constructed in wilmington. the few that have are high-dollar.

your best bet is looking for infill. new home construction in an old neighborhood. there are some of these in audubon / devon park.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,352,813 times
Quote:

- safe area
- Max of $225,000
I'll see if I can add some input here...

Just about anything in New Hanover County is within 20 minutes of UNCW....except Carolina Beach, which probably is only about 5-10 minutes more...because UNCW is so centrally located.

New Construction is mostly infill stuff...a quick search (in your price range) revealed new construction on the following roads...Copperfield Ct, Lady Bug Lane, Albemarle Rd, and Thetford Ct. I know Wilmington pretty well and have never heard of any of these streets. This is probably because they are new streets off of existing neighborhoods where new construction is occurring. This would be the same for anything built in the last 5 years in New Hanover County.

It should be noted that most of New Hanover County is subdivisions and is safe. There are some issues around the public housing complexes, especially right now, and a few certain neighborhoods.

Finally, let me throw out a property that looks to be a steal to me...only 15 years old, great neighborhood, good schools, Halyburton Park right next door, cul-de-sac, within 10-minutes to UNCW...and in your price range.

714 Fairlie Ct, Wilmington, NC 28412 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Maybe a good starting point in terms of getting to know Wilmington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina