U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM

13 posts, read 58,257 times

Advertisements

I live in Flagstaff AZ and have a chance to move to Beaufort NC and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the opportunities there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 02:44 PM

713 posts, read 3,471,445 times
Smile Beaufort Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgorham View Post
I live in Flagstaff AZ and have a chance to move to Beaufort NC and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the opportunities there.
If you are looking for job opportunities, the best place to look is the Carteret County News-Times.

There are also jobs in Jacksonville and New Bern.

If you are looking at business opportunities, I can point you to one of the local business brokers.

You might want to check out my Beaufort Travel Guide (http://coastalnc.org/beaufortnctravelguide - broken link) and my Southern Outer Banks website.

I would be glad to talk by telephone if you want to give me a ring after the holiday. My contact info is on my my Coastal Carolina Blog.

-David Sobotta

Last edited by dsobotta; 11-21-2007 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: url disappeared

Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 PM

13 posts, read 58,257 times
Thank You, David. I will call you on Monday the 25th.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:48 PM

120 posts, read 568,574 times
Default re

I used to live there, good jobs are scarce. Not much to do if you're into more than beach activities. Winter there is about as dead as dead can get. Very pretty nature though, and the people are very nice. Fresh seafood is good as well, and it does pick up with tourism in the warm months. Beaufort itself isn't a very pretty town once you get back a few streets from the waterfront, majority of it is poor. Land and houses are very expensive in a lot of places, you don't really get a lot of bang for your buck, and in my job, simply relocating I got $5 more on the hour and cheaper cost of living.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:00 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,355,449 times
Beaufort-Which was the pricey-est off the beach town along the Crystal Coast has re-adjusted this year to be one of the area's sales hot spots.
Beaufort sold prices this last quarter are 30% less than 2006. $244K compared to $352K.
As a result of this re-adjustment sales are down only by 6% for the year in Beaufort as opposed to neighboring Morehead City and Newport where sales are down 28% and 37% respectively.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 27,478 times
This information would have been helpful to me before I moved to Beaufort...

Nightlife in Beautiful Beaufort NC: Your entertainment guide to night life in Beaufort North Carolina (http://north-carolina-travel.suite101.com/article.cfm/nightlife_in_beautiful_beaufort_nc - broken link)

Hope this helps.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 8,138 times
LOVED IT!!
Funky little coastal town full of characters! Historic district is where you'd want to be. Everyone is pretty friendly and there is a strong sense of community there. I lived in town for 4 yrs but have lived in the surrounding area for 12. We're about 10min away and still hang out there as we have lots of friends still there.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:57 PM

5,371 posts, read 9,859,230 times
ScissorHappy above described Beaufort perfectly, I thought. I live here and there is a strong sense of community, characters a plenty, lots of creative spirits, and B'fort's a true microcosm of the world--being a seaport brings in adventurous folks from all over...never a dull moment...

Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 AM

5,417 posts, read 5,399,546 times
We live 1 1/2 hrs. N. of Beaufort and absolutely love it. Last summer we rented a B&B that takes pets, (The Red Dog Inn) and brought our Samoyed. The 3 of us love every minute of our stay, we went to the local Dock House bar and sat outside watching the boats come in, she sat under the table eating drunkin shrimp. We can't wait to get back down there next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina